Budgeting for raising two children in a small pueblo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine this family spending money in the pueblo like Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber when they reach Aspen.
Leaving a bunch of IOU papers for Fiscal as his wife and mother in law walk around in blue and orange suits.

Leaving a bunch of IOU papers for Fiscal as his wife and mother in law walk around in blue and orange suits.

I think that would be the funny scenario but these Args are way too smart. They're sending that cash to the backyard or the mattress.

These people are parasites smart enough not to kill their host.

Upon further thinking, it came to mind the case of a dear friend who had a baby to a man she dated for some time. He then moved abroad as was offered a job. He was paying for his child's school, food etc, and was giving her about 500usd monthly up until a couple of years ago. This sounds like enough, reasonable, etc. Only when I learned that he had a 2 million per year contract it hit me that he was being cheap, and that obviously he did not care about giving his daughter the same lifestyle he enjoyed. You see, everybody thought the mother was being unreasonable and maybe jealous of his partners, etc, when in reality she was right about him being cheap!. So 4k, 200$ or other is reasonable or enough, it depends on the context. You have only mentioned the small town, her lifestyle, etc but have not mentioned anything about yours, so your question is very catchy.
Nikad,

Fair point you make.

For all we know, FISCAL is a huge wage earner and $4K is a drop in the bucket to him. I guess we are all looking at it from a possible wrong perspective, in that what coming up with $4K each month would mean for us and what we are each capable of earning.

Either way, I believe Fiscal is real and not trolling. His story is a stretch, but completely plausible to me. I feel this way, because I have seen quite a lot in my life and if I didn't know it all from my own eyes, I would never have believe it. But, I have learned that just about anything is possible.

I get your point but there is a difference between 500 dollars and 3000-4000 dollars per month. Fiscal doesnt sound intelligent or savvy enough to be earning 2 million a year. Very few of us are.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I have known very many high wage earners in my day who are tigers in their employment, but lambs in their personal affairs.

I get your point but there is a difference between 500 dollars and 3000-4000 dollars per month. Fiscal doesnt sound intelligent or savvy enough to be earning 2 million a year. Very few of us are.
That was harsh :D Also, intelligence does not mean you will make more money ( There are some very dumb millionaires )

That was harsh :D Also, intelligence does not mean you will make more money ( There are some very dumb millionaires )
There sure are some dumb, lucky wealthy people out there. There are also some people who only have the mental capacity to make money at whatever they do, but lack in every other part of their life.

I believe Fiscal is no dummy and makes a good salary. He is trapped emotionally given that he fathered, what I would believe are two adorable children. And he has a paternal instinct that keeps him in this situation because he is a fundamentally good person. Mixed up a bit, but a good person who loves his kids.

No chance on earth this guy is a 'troll.' I agree that Fiscal is sort of a dummy, but almost everyone I know makes enough money to fork over $4k/month to their girlfriend to raise some kids (if they have any), so that's no evidence at all. The money is less important than keeping her happy, as usual. This is just some American working remotely making normal US income but living in Argentina, definitely not a stretch to imagine someone perfectly capable of doing some random job online all day long, who also happens being ensorcelled by some Argentine babe to the extent that he's handing over to her a few grand a month, and getting run through the ringer like this poor bastard has been. Not sure what your problem is in getting that, seems actually more normal than not for foreigners coming to Argentina.

Also, recall that this is the same guy who was stuck in Peru for months after they got caught there when covid hit, and then had his wife ditch him and zip back to Argentina with the kid(s), leaving him to try to find a way back to Argentina, at which point he had this 'dark night of the soul' moment wherein he sort of wondered if he wouldn't be better off just going back home to America and dropping the whole project. I guess he realized what an Argentine tootsie scorned could do, because he went ahead and returned to Argentina, I guess this time to his wife's crappy hometown instead of some great flat in Buenos Aires where anyone with any sense would live.

It's not the money itself, it's the situation. Many people can afford what he is doing. It's not a ton of money. If he is giving away 4k a month in cash then it is safe to say that he makes at least 100k a year before taxes, unless he is giving her all his money. The point is that he lives in Argentina and knows the cost of living. So to come online and ask if 4k a month is too much to raise a couple kids in Argentina is enough, just tells me that he isn't the brightest, or is a troll, or has family money. I don't know any jobs where you can earn 100k and be a dummy at the same time. I just find it too hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back