Buenos Aires is Beautiful

Yes but not only, 504, 4L, 2CV, R12, all those popular cars are gone from our streets due to the technical controls every 2 years and environment regulations that forces people to buy new cars rather than keeping their old ones.

I remember a trip I took to Montevideo Uruguay in the 1980s and luckily I have most of the photos of the classic cars that lined the city streets there . For me Montevideo at that time with its incredible collection of classic cars that were for public use was the highlight of my trip . Unfortunately this is no longer the case with most cars modern and souless.

I have always believed that Montevideo is a underated city due to its close proximity to Buenos Aires . For me it has a feeling of melancholy and beauty framed by the beautiful Rio De La Plata and its architecture showcases some incredible jewels from the past . I find it very walkable and the inhabitants are hospitable and humble . Certainly worth more than a day trip

fifilafiloche said:
...And to be even more sincere, there is beauty in poverty too. It s more than just exotism When you dont own, you dont need to play social games, care about your image, you can afford to be true, you have (almost) nothing to loose. You time is not that "precious", you can give it without feeling stolen. It s the privilege of the very poor...and the very rich.

Their ability to stay simple, humble and natural makes them highly beautiful.:)

Ah, the privilege of the very poor. How highly beautiful they are.

Okay...

fifilafiloche said:
And to be even more sincere, there is beauty in poverty too. It s more than just exotism When you dont own, you dont need to play social games, care about your image, you can afford to be true, you have (almost) nothing to loose. You time is not that "precious", you can give it without feeling stolen. It s the privilege of the very poor...and the very rich.

Their ability to stay simple, humble and natural makes them highly beautiful.:)

These are not the words of someone living in poverty (and or facing starvation).

I never claimed this was enviable, but said it was beautiful (even tho i was indeed taught there is nobility in poverty by my catholic upbringing). Words and their signification have their importance, as you stated insistantly in so many posts ;)

If you can stay simple, humble and natural while growing successfull, then you become remarkable because you stand out of the crowd and become an example.

pericles said:
This argument has been debated before but everyone is entitled to express their opinions but with the proviso that one that does not trash a thread just because he does not agree or does not like the person who started the thread.

By "trash a thread" surely you are referring to the garbage pics I uploaded. Other than that, I have expressed the obvious.

Sidewalks need major repair
Pollution is a major problem
Garbage on the streets
Dog crap everywhere

I provided pictures to prove the obvious since some still didn't want to admit the obvious.

In an earlier post I stated that I agree BA is beautiful but more can be done to beautify the city.

That is NOT trashing a thread.

pericles said:
I find it laughable that one person in particular has used this forum to create the impression that I started this thread for reasons that were not true. In reality he has been left with egg on his face as many of us believe that Buenos Aires has something special that captivates and captures our spirits.

You are the one who brought up the possibility of an ulterior motive in the first place.

YOU SAID: To enjoy a city for some features and to post about it does not imply that there is an ulterior motive for the positive post.

You are correct, and since you brought it up... Let's look at the facts.

Do I have a product to sell? NO
Do I have a service to promote? NO
Would a poor image of BA on this board possibly effect my income? NO

YOU on the other hand...

Have a product to sell? YES
Have a service to promote? YES
Would a poor image of BA on this board possibly effect my income? YES

WHY? Because you are a real-estate agent and have used every opportunity to promote yourself even as far as having a link to your real estate listings at the bottom of each post!

Hmmm.. More posts = More exposure

Monday when this thread was started that link still appeared. Then it was closed and since it has been re-opened you deleted the link.

How do you like your eggs? ;)

One of the strangest things I see here is when I see shopkeepers sweeping up THEIR gargage in THEIR store and sweeping out onto the sidewalk and street to blow around and be an eye sore until midnight when someone else will clean it up. why not just sweep it up and stick it in a garbage bag? well, dont waste your time trying to instill a new idea in an Argentine. you might as well converse with a block of cement. I find the whole country dirty. I dont find argentines to be clean as a people (meaning there is trash everywhere even at the nature reserve. I see them with my own eyes throwing trash, dropping it, now its someone elses problem!). I think where you have argentines, you have pollution, noise, and garbage. I think they are very self centered and dont think of others. That has something to do with it also.

This place will never change, they wont change.

I dont find argentines to be clean as a people.

Hmmm...I find there are way more smelly people in summer in the US (other than in Miami) or in some countries of Europe than in Buenos Aires. Maybe because they are not used to warm weather and they sweat a lot...and don't use (know?) deodorant. Not very clean anyways!

This place will never change, they wont change.

It's a pitty the 38 millions Argentine won't change to accommodate your wishes.

malbec said:
Hmmm...I find there are way more smelly people in summer in the US... than in Buenos Aires.

Unlikely. One of the common criticisms of Americans is that we are too clean, too obsessed with things like germs, and that leads us to buy all sorts of products we may not need and to waste a whole lot of water cleaning our bodies and everything else around us often.

Perhaps you were walking by some French tourists? :)

I m french, i m a sort of tourist, and i take pride in spreading our finest cheese fragances all over the world ;)

And the abuse of chemical perfumes do tend to irritate my eyes, nose and throat as if they were made out of tear gaz. Good taste lies in moderation. :(

But all those gross xenophobic clichés dont have much to do with the Beauty of Buenos Aires.

@ Istar, if you want to find out why your messages are being censored, you need first to wonder why this forum was created in the first place and why commercial links are being allowed and promoted.

Back