Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

Davidglen77,

This whole thing happening to you is horrible. Sorry you are going trough this. We hope it all gets resolved and you get back to biz. You're doing the right thing by standing up to the corrup, and not falling for the "its the culture, get with it" crap. We're rooting for you.

We came here years ago and always played with the idea of opening an office here. But stories like yours and others we've heard conviced us AR is not the right place. I know we're not the only ones with similar plans turned off by this kind of stuff. I only wonder how many investors, business ops, and potential jobs AR looses each because of this type of environment. :(

Anyways, good luck! and keep us posted.

Well, sounds like you are one step closer to victory. Hang in there!!

I went through similar nightmares with a bank transfer....no probs in the past and then suddenly this time they wanted paperwork tracing the money back over 25 years. I sent countless emails and docs and it was never enough. And we're talking about a modest sum here, a fraction of what a tourist can bring in. It was a month and hours of my time before it was released from central _ank.

David, I congratulate you for tenacity and strength in the face of a bloody nightmare...this is beauracts on speed it seems, all working against each other and I even imagine enjoying making a foreigner suffer for the US, UK etc having raped their country etc etc.. My fingers are crossed for you - may the small victories be a massive and definitive win for you today or tomorrow.:)

So I just got home from the office where this whole nightmare was going on. I screamed and yelled and threatened and FINALLY I found 2 human beings in an office of about 150 people. These gentlemen went personally to Doctora Irene Carreira who is the only one who could remove the closure and made her tell them what was needed. She then had to stay until almost 8PM processing the paperwork with her staff. When I demanded to speak to her, she treated me SO horribly and I told her that I not only wrote 2 full pages in the libro de quejas regarding how she treated me, but I was also adding her name to the people named in the lawsuit. She then told me that if I complained about her she would file a lawsuit against me for slander.
Doctora Irene Carreira is one of the worst examples of bureaucratic junk that there is and unfortunately she is the norm. The 2 gentlemen who came to my assitance were untypical of how things are handled here. Not only did they guide the process but they personally handled things when they saw I couldn't breathe any more. Supposedly tomorrow they are going to call me and meet me at the store to remove the closure. And supposedly they will notify the police as well. Remains to be seen. I have never felt so defeated and helpless in my life. I don't have anymore words left thanks all for listening to me god bless you all.

make a website/blog about her...seriously, do it! We'll all spread the word and add comments to it. This can be your "Florencia Dade" moment.

Fuerza David, glad to read you found a couple of human beings to help you.

Somehow doubt Irene will be pressing slander charges for being called to account on her lack of professionalism and incompetence.

These gentlemen went personally to Doctora Irene Carreira who is the only one who could remove the closure and made her tell them what was needed. She then had to stay until almost 8PM processing the paperwork with her staff.

David my dear hold the faith - you moved mountains today..you made a public servant work until 8pm. This is your victory and may tomorrow's be even greater. We are all praying for you. Hugs.

Honestly I have never felt so helpless in my entire life, I've been brought to my knees by these bureaucratic animals. I know there are people much worse off right now but I can´t stop crying about how low they have made me feel. ALL FOR NOTHING, THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO HAVE CLOSED MY STORE DOWN!! And here I have to beg them to let me reopen, this can't be for real!!

Back