Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

I know it's easier said than done: But don't let her get you down. She's a small minded bureaucrat who probably had someone do the same to her that she is now doing to others.

You had the courage to stand up to her where many people would have left defeated and probably shut down their business. What you did is important and I know it will have an impact. I hate that you are feeling bad about this. :(

Take care! And don't forget we are all behind you virtually yelling at her with you!! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed, sounds like excellent news, all thanks to your willpower. Don't give up now!!

Everybody who has been following this if you happen to be on Facebook, go to the page for "Agencia Gubernamental de Control" aka AGC of Buenos Aires and post a protest message. They are the culprits of what happened to me it would be great if I could count on everyone's support thanks a million!
http://www.facebook.com/agcontrol?v=wall#!/agcontrol

I know "lucro cesante" and also "daños y perjuicios" come into play here as well. So here I am today, waiting inside my shop with the gate down (as I was instructed to do yesterday) for the inspectors to come and lift the closure. I was told yesterday that they would call or visit first thing in the morning so I could open ASAP. I am still here waiting it's now 10:10 AM and no phone call and no inspectors. I also called the police station to ask if they have been notified that I am authorized to open and everyone I spoke to said NO. The nightmare continues.......

Update.......closure lifted. So I can open again. However yesterday they assured me it would be done at 9AM however the inspector just called me at 2:30PM to tell me I can open. Another 1/2 day of sales lost. Well I guess I will open tomorrow, I honestly don't feel at all victorious, I feel like I've lost big time.

Davidglen77 said:
Update.......closure lifted. So I can open again. However yesterday they assured me it would be done at 9AM however the inspector just called me at 2:30PM to tell me I can open. Another 1/2 day of sales lost. Well I guess I will open tomorrow, I honestly don't feel at all victorious, I feel like I've lost big time.

I have been keeping up with your struggle with the authorities and was surprised to hear you say that "I´ve lost big time." Are you saying that it was not worth the fight or the financial loss or the emotional roller coaster or all the above?

My take on your story is that they made you feel like they were doing you a big favor by doing their jobs. That if they wanted to, they could have continued to make things difficult for you. For me one of the sad truths is that the taxes that they collect from you is paying their salaries.

I hope that things get better for you and you do not have to go down this road again. Is there anything that you would have done differently in hindsight?

<peace>

Really hope thats the end of your struggles david. Sending you three cheers, you've earned each one :)

JHB1216 said:
I have been keeping up with your struggle with the authorities and was surprised to hear you say that "I´ve lost big time." Are you saying that it was not worth the fight or the financial loss or the emotional roller coaster or all the above?

My take on your story is that they made you feel like they were doing you a big favor by doing their jobs. That if they wanted to, they could have continued to make things difficult for you. For me one of the sad truths is that the taxes that they collect from you is paying their salaries.

I hope that things get better for you and you do not have to go down this road again. Is there anything that you would have done differently in hindsight?

<peace>

It really wasn´t worth the fight for the emotional roller coaster and the financial part, well, there is no way to recover 21 days of sales plus merchandise that had to get put into a garbage can. However I had no choice, the store is my sole source of income, hopefully the neighbors who saw all of this going on will understand that I had nothing to do with being closed down. It was of no fault of my own. The people who did this are going to be sued and one day, I am sure I will recover some of the money. I feel awful and drained both physically and emotionally.

Back