Buenos Aires to clean up dog poop on city streets

bernardinho1961 said:
If private citizens could arrest irresponsible and anti-social dog owners for not picking up after their animal, there would be a lot less dog shit on BA sidewalks. Even the possibility of such an arrest would be a deterrence to violations.

And an incentive for (life threatening) on the spot violence.

I say it should be legal to pick up their dog shit and smear it in their faces. Either that or capital punishment.

xibeca said:
I say it should be legal to pick up their dog shit and smear it in their faces. Either that or capital punishment.
OK, but how do you really feel about those irresponsible dog owners?

bernardinho1961 said:
OK, but how do you really feel about those irresponsible dog owners?

That's really how I feel about them. I get along better with cockroaches.

Quinn said:
Enforcement ISN'T the priority, it's the deterrence factor. Just by passing a law and making it public, you cut back on the problem.
I love this attitude.

But as one of my Argentino friends says "we have 10,000 laws - and nobody cares". I have to agree with him.

Law or no law...who is going to clean up all the excrement from the many stray cats and dogs!?

sarl1 said:
Law or no law...who is going to clean up all the excrement from the many stray cats and dogs!?
Obviously - no one.

sarl1 said:

I don't think this is a big problem. I never saw "many" stray dogs in any neighborhood of BA.

I never saw cat shit on a sidewalk, either.

They just don't doo it there.:p

So, all this talk has made me think...

Why not set-up a "shit cleaning" business and market the services to the city government or local city management.

Nothing glamorous in shit clean-up but I'd guess you could make a nice dime.

jaredwb said:
So, all this talk has made me think...

Why not set-up a "shit cleaning" business and market the services to the city government or local city management.

Nothing glamorous in shit clean-up but I'd guess you could make a nice dime.

At the risk of sounding cynical, what makes you think they wouldn't charge you more for the license than the shit was worth in the first place?

Back