Buenos Aires to clean up dog poop on city streets

steveinbsas said:
At the risk of sounding cynical, what makes you think they wouldn't charge you more for the license than the shit was worth in the first place?

Now that I think a bit more, you could use the shit for fertilizer or compost and probably get a government grant for "green businesses".

Hmmm....

Davidglen77 said:
And please don't tie up the police with crap (LOL) like this, just deal with it. We need the police involved in more serious incidents.......
Like standing on the corner of the street smoking and chatting on their mobils......

steveinbsas said:
I don't think this is a big problem. I never saw "many" stray dogs in any neighborhood of BA.

I never saw cat shit on a sidewalk, either.

They just don't doo it there.:p

Yep, they seem to exist in Devoto. A crazy woman in my block goes out to feed them every night, only encouraging them to shit near here too! As for the cats, I think they tend to do their business around the tree stumps where they can scratch around in the dirt- either that, or some doggies have rather small poos...not that I claim to be an expert on this subjest or anything...!!! ;)

bernardinho1961 said:
Is there such a thing as citizen's arrest in Argentina? I have often wondered whether I, or any person, witnessing a violation of law has the right to detain the offender - using as much physical force as is reasonably necessary - and to bring the offender into a police station or to a police officer.
This assumes not cleaning up after one's dog was an offense prior to the new law.

I've considered just picking it up for the offender, then kindly slapping it on their head as I run away :D:D

Back