Buenos Aires vs. Colombia

I have lived in Colombia for six years. The information about the country is unfortunately left over from ten years ago. Since Uribe's election the crime has decreasd and the Farc hae been driven back into the Jungle. That is not to say There is no crime in big cities. I joined this forum two years ago because I was interested in investments in BA after a trip there. Since then due to the changes in Crime and inflation there I have changed my mind. Cartagena appears to be safer than Recoleta from what I read here. Property rights are guaranteed by the constitution and purchasing is very straight foreward with a 3% real estate commisstion to the broker. hooker

cartagenahooker said:
I have lived in Colombia for six years. The information about the country is unfortunately left over from ten years ago. Since Uribe's election the crime has decreasd and the Farc hae been driven back into the Jungle. That is not to say There is no crime in big cities. I joined this forum two years ago because I was interested in investments in BA after a trip there. Since then due to the changes in Crime and inflation there I have changed my mind. Cartagena appears to be safer than Recoleta from what I read here. Property rights are guaranteed by the constitution and purchasing is very straight foreward with a 3% real estate commisstion to the broker. hooker
WHY ARE YOU ON A BA EXPATS FORUM IF YOU LIVE IN cOLUMBIA(AS YOU STATE AT THE START)?:rolleyes:

HowardinBA said:
WHY ARE YOU ON A BA EXPATS FORUM IF YOU LIVE IN cOLUMBIA(AS YOU STATE AT THE START)?:rolleyes:

Did you keep reading, Howard?

I had hoped this lovely lady would stay in Paraguay. One more fond hope dashed.

With such language and attitude, it's small wonder no one takes her seriously.
Argentine men may well be chamuyeros, but they are not stupid: they never pass-up freebies.

AdrianaY said:
I had a few argentinian boyfriends from Buenos Aires and they were just chamayueros and mostly lousy in bed . The 3 c s really fits them chupe, coje, and chau . I am with a beautiful paraguyuan guy now and he is all man and knows how to please a woman. I just came back from Asuscion and the people were gorgeous friendly, laid back and giving. Also the men of Paraguay are the best of South America with coffee coloured skin and sensual features.

cartagenahooker said:
...Property rights are guaranteed by the constitution and purchasing is very straight foreward with a 3% real estate commisstion to the broker. hooker

Yeah, as I wrote earlier in this thread, I have a couple of friends looking into buying real estate and opening a bar in Medellin. It may be a very good time to invest in Colombia if it continues to shed its terrible reputation (Colombia can thank Mexico for becoming the new home of ridiculous drug-related ultraviolence). However, I have spoken to a couple of Colombians who are worried that the next president won't be able to crack the whip like Uribe and keep the country moving forward. But it's a lot closer to the US than Argentina and has a lot more to offer (rain forest, better beaches, much better coffee, sexier women, properly spoken Spanish, etc.) so, if FARC and all of the other lunatics can remain calm, Colombia might have a bright future. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of the place myself.

AdrianaY said:
The 3 c s really fits them chupe, coje, and chau .

This is not only in Argentina, as long as she is no keeper, this is what happens. So I guess you.......

AdrianaY said:
I am with a beautiful paraguyuan guy now and he is all man and knows how to please a woman...Also the men of Paraguay are the best of South America with coffee coloured skin and sensual features.

I just couldn't help replying to this one. Adriana, I don't know you, and I personally prefer Paraguay in many ways to Buenos Aires, but I just couldn't help myself on this, related to the "men" of Paraguay.

The War of the Triple Alliance, which ended in 1870 (if I remember correctly) was a war that Paraguay started because they wanted a sea port, being a land-locked country. They did pretty good to begin with fighting against Argentina, Uruguay and Brasil all at once. But the Triple Alliance wore them down and things went bad for the Paraguayans. Some estimate that as many as 90% of the male population of Paraguay was slaughtered because they refused to surrender.

The Paraguayan people, afterward, even went to the Pope to ask for special dispensation to allow men to have more than one wife to repopulate the country.

Imagine what a rare commodity a man over, say, 14 years and under 80 years must have been for quite some time in Paraguay.

I mention this because the Paraguayan men, for the most part, are actually quite spoiled little shit-heads (excuse my vulgarity, but it's appropriate) who have been pampered by the women of Paraguay for the last 140 years or so.

I have never seen a larger group of users in my life as I have Paraguayan men - for the most part. I know a number of them who are not like that, and certainly the upper classes are going to be a little more "normal" as far as that goes. But Paraguay is FULL of stories of men sitting at home, drinking beer, smacking the kids around and acting like a macho fool, while the wife is off working scrubbing sidewalks and floors for some rich owner for $50 USD a month.

If you're looking for a boy-toy, well, Paraguay might be the place to find one. But "all man" - wow.

BTW - the upper class is probably mostly Colorado Party members or Brasilian-descended families. Colorado ran Paraguay for 70 years (the longest in-power political party in modern history) and ran them into the ground and played off the ignorance and superstition of the lower class. If you are dating a guy from the upper class, chances are he thinks slavery is a good thing too :)

To clarify why I prefer Paraguay in many ways over Buenos Aires (not necessarily all of Argentina) it's because I'm not a city boy, I find Portenos to be rude on the whole, and Buenos Aires is a very expensive place for what you get. Asuncion in particular has many of the things you can find in many places around the world, is slower (I'm not one for nightlife, personally), not crammed full of buildings nearly every squzre meter and way cheaper. The people are friendlier as well.

I don't live there because my wife, being from the lower classes of Paraguay, refuses to go back and live there and put up with the (in many if not most cases) worthless men and the women who are stabbing each other in the back to get ahead because there are no opportunities in Paraguay for Paraguayans.

I do hope I'm not painting too bad a picture of Paraguay because it really is a nice place for the most part. It's just, like most countries, when you get to know it, it has its ugly side as well.

It's just - with the comment on men - well, let's say I know a LOT of Paraguayan women who never even had an orgasm until they came to Buenos Aires - they thought sex was all about servicing the man.

SaraSara said:
I had hoped this lovely lady would stay in Paraguay. One more fond hope dashed.

With such language and attitude, it's small wonder no one takes her seriously.
Argentine men may well be chamuyeros, but they are not stupid: they never pass-up freebies.

AdrianaY said:
Listen here beetch do not make judgements about something you no nothing about . I do not sleep around like a whore like you portenas with your desperate faces and fake attitudes. Or maybe you are jealous Sara cause your too fat to get a catcall or a piropo.

Yes, BAExpats.org cat fight! Hang on, ladies, I'm gonna make myself some popcorn and then come back and start refreshing this thread. Can you hold off for like five minutes or so on the really cruel stuff?

P.S. Hey, SaraSara, AdrianaY just PMed me and said you're fat.

P.S.S. Hey, AdrianaY, SaraSara just PMed me and said you're a slut.

:D

This thread just hit epic status. Even though I do find myself on the same side of the fence with most of SaraSara's opinions.

Back