Burundanga !!! Dangerous Drug To Be On The Look Out For ...

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Per the United States State Department (March 4, 2012): "One common and particularly dangerous method that criminals use in order to rob a victim is through the use of drugs. The most common has been scopolamine. Unofficial estimates put the number of annual scopolamine incidents in Colombia at approximately 50,000. Scopolamine can render a victim unconscious for 24 hours or more. In large doses, it can cause respiratory failure and death. It is most often administered in liquid or powder form in foods and beverages. The majority of these incidents occur in night clubs and bars, and usually men, perceived to be wealthy, are targeted by young, attractive women. To avoid becoming a victim of scopolamine, one should never accept food or beverages offered by strangers or new acquaintances or leave food or beverages unattended. Victims of scopolamine or other drugs should seek immediate medical attention."

How can we be on the look out for a liquid or powder that has been added to our food or drink? Does it have a specific taste or odor? Is this a problem here? I have never heard of it before.

Yes,... it is a problem here. Don't you watch the news ???
Just alerting people to the symptoms.

Yes,... it is a problem here. Don't you watch the news ???
Just alerting people to the symptoms.
is this the Melina Romero case? I haven't been following to closely, I saw something about drugs but just assumed they meant more normal ones.

Being from South Florida, roofie-like drugs are nothing new.

Actually 'Burrundanga' (scopolamine) is not like most 'roffies'. It can be delivered through skin contact not just ingestion though it is often blown into the eyes/face. It is also known to be used by criminals for its very particular properties; it renders the victim extremely open to suggestion and then later gives them memory loss.

Nevertheless, the incidences of its use are very small in Argentina. I wouldn't worry too much about it, thought of course it's always good to be informed!

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Scopolamine

Watch out for the Viuda Negra attacks :eek:

Attractive women that seduce and sedate older men and rob them blind while unconscious.... B)

Back