Bus fare increase?

sgarlow

Registered
The bus ride today from Abasto to Plaza Italia cost $1.50 (with a sube card). When did they officially raise the prices?

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Plaza Italia to Nunez cost me 1.55, but the funny thing is the return ride cost me only 1.25!!!

Don't ask. Just say 1.25. If I ask, I get a range of prices between 1.15 and 1.35. In 5 years, no one has ever asked me for a receipt or proof of where I got on.

gsi16386 said:
1.25...1.50....who cares, it's still basically free.

It was less the increase in the fare, and more my surprise that it had gone up. Did they announce this (past talk of it a few months ago) or is it just totally haphazard?

sgarlow said:
It was less the increase in the fare, and more my surprise that it had gone up. Did they announce this (past talk of it a few months ago) or is it just totally haphazard?

Argentina = hap-haz-ard !

lucha54 said:
sometimes the express buses charge more...?

It's this- the express buses that stop less frequently and have AC/heat charge a bit more.

Until the buses increase without the Sube card, I am paying in change to get rid of this box of change I have collected. (I have a Sube card though of course).

Grupo Plaza have tried several times to nudge up the prices.

La Portena and I were on a 114 in February - which was a designated "non-express bus" - on the way to Plaza Italia

and were charged over the odds like everyone else because Driver said Grupo Plaza now claimed that it was "Equipados con Aire Acondicionado"

Boy did all the other Portenas complain!! and the driver had to get phone in for backup inspectors to quiet them down and they insisted on the higher fare or the bus stayed still

two days later it was announced on the TV that Grupo Plaza had backed down

wouldnt be surprised if they aren't trying it again from time to time - they dont make any money and the subsidy is erratic

the other trick they pull is to reduce the service

on the whole one of the better operators in terms of maintenance - they even have brakes!

pricing structure is historical nonsense so are the routes

wait until it's "given" to Macri!!

http://www.grupoplaza.com.ar/vw.ldist.servicios.php

Back