Bus Help From Ezeiza To Salta 600S

Yikes that stinks! I have sewn reverse pockets in all of my pants that are only accessible if I stick my hand down my pants, so a pick pocket would feel stuff but couldn't pull it out. Hopefully that helps.

Those guys are well known. They got my wallet when I had been here for just 2 months

I have been to BA in the past. This time around I have been living with a close friend for the last 3 months. I agree I am not a young guy as you can see in the picture. Today, switching lines to another subte -- several large but older men perhaps in their 50s or more were in front of me. I was not perceptive of their ploy. A friend behind me saw one put his arm around my arm -- he did not perceive what else happened. these men either just got off the train or were hanging around it .. but someone put a hand into my pocket which I did not feel.. they took two pieces of paper and 3 -- 100 notes BA currency.. I was left with about 60 pesos. I was lucky I guess. It has never happened to me here in BA in the past. Luckily I was not carrying the camera as I gave it to a friend nor was I with anything else of much value too. People might be getting more desperate here in BA with the inflation and the government policies too. AGE no longer matters. The robbery was at Pelegrini Station at about 10 AM -- Saturday, 4 May 2013 Perhaps some of my problems might be of assistance to others here in BA too.

I watched the other day on tv, the subte is plenty of this people, they calculate they are like 600, it is a huge net. This people take these robberies as their job, its not like its occasional. The days of more activity are the weekends, and the people from whom they rob more are tourists.
When you travel in subte you have to be 100% careful, never put the money in your bag or in a pocket that could be accesible to this people. You just cant relax, at least at first, until you re 100% sure they cant touch you. Always keep in mind that they will target if you dont show that they wont fuck with you.
They totally look like normal people, perhaps working class people, old men, 60 yo, bold, like a cab driver or something. Thay practise how to approach without you feeling nothing, they are experts, they look always in peoples pockets or bags. You have to be almost paranoid, you cant enjoy the ride in the subte anymore.

Back