Bus Help From Ezeiza To Salta 600S

A taxi is 220 pesos from Ezezia to Buenos Aires. If 4 of you split a taxi it's cheaper than Manuel Tienda Leon. If you do take Maniel Tienda Leon the will make you transfer at Retiro to a smaller bus that will take you directly to your destination. It's not dangerous as long as you stay at the Manuel Tienda bus station.

A taxi is 220 pesos from Ezezia to Buenos Aires. If 4 of you split a taxi it's cheaper than Manuel Tienda Leon. If you do take Maniel Tienda Leon the will make you transfer at Retiro to a smaller bus that will take you directly to your destination. It's not dangerous as long as you stay at the Manuel Tienda bus station.
If they have any luggage at all, you are not going to even come close to fitting 4 into a taxi!

If you really want to take the bus, take the 8, make sure the sign on the front says to "la boca" not to "liniers". Here are some directions. the bus will drop you off @ point A http://goo.gl/maps/bXqX0 Salta 600 is point B.

Also, like everyone else, I'm going to recommend the shuttle, its far more convenient. I think people are exaggerating the risk of the bus (I've taken it a few times and have never felt threatened) but what can't be debated is it is a very unpleasant way to get to the city.

I have ridden buses extensively back when I lived in Argentina, but that was a few years ago and never in Bs As. The hostel is quoting us $700 pesos each way for a shuttle, which seems to be a good price. All of us are travelling with small duffels or backpacks, so no large suitcases or anything like that. Is it really that sketchy to ride? I knew it passed by some unsavory neighborhoods but I didnt think it would be that dangerous..

I have ridden buses extensively back when I lived in Argentina, but that was a few years ago and never in Bs As. The hostel is quoting us $700 pesos each way for a shuttle, which seems to be a good price. All of us are travelling with small duffels or backpacks, so no large suitcases or anything like that. Is it really that sketchy to ride? I knew it passed by some unsavory neighborhoods but I didnt think it would be that dangerous..
Again, it depends on who's going to hop on the bus. You and your family/friends/colleagues/brothers-in-arms are probably too much of a collective target when compared to a low-profile individual who is just going to Ezeiza to pick someone up. There really are very ugly areas in the conurbano, of course it isn't Caracas yet but anyone with valuables should be very cautious. At least you know a bit what Argentina is like.

Be extremely careful in hostels, you will probably have to share the room with strangers, they will rob you blind.
And do not trust the keys, they have been used and duplicated by dozens of people before you.

Thanks for the heads up, I think we will take the shuttle. Since there are so many of us we will completely fill up the hostels dorm rooms. Also which is the closest more money to salta y av belgrano?

If you mean Xoom, it's on Libertad and Sta. Fe. Sallta and Libertad is the same street on opposite sides of Rivadavia. I'd say 15 blocks straight.

I have been to BA in the past. This time around I have been living with a close friend for the last 3 months. I agree I am not a young guy as you can see in the picture. Today, switching lines to another subte -- several large but older men perhaps in their 50s or more were in front of me. I was not perceptive of their ploy. A friend behind me saw one put his arm around my arm -- he did not perceive what else happened. these men either just got off the train or were hanging around it .. but someone put a hand into my pocket which I did not feel.. they took two pieces of paper and 3 -- 100 notes BA currency.. I was left with about 60 pesos. I was lucky I guess. It has never happened to me here in BA in the past. Luckily I was not carrying the camera as I gave it to a friend nor was I with anything else of much value too. People might be getting more desperate here in BA with the inflation and the government policies too. AGE no longer matters. The robbery was at Pelegrini Station at about 10 AM -- Saturday, 4 May 2013 Perhaps some of my problems might be of assistance to others here in BA too.

Back