business/personal cards?

irishvan

Registered
Does anybody know where I can get some cards printed relatively cheaply?I would be happy with just some laser printed ones from a some sort of a computer set up.
My problem is I only want a few hundred at the moment as I dont know how long I will be staying at this address. I realise that I can get cards printed without an address but I know in Japan if they didnt have an address, the card was not taken seriously. Is it the same situation here?

I always use Moo. They take a few weeks to arrive but the quality is fantastic. I'd suggest not writing the address but only your name, mobile # & email address.

Hola Irishvan:
(I´m sorry for my bad English)

Well, yes, here is like in Japan or everywhere, is not pretty "professional" write your address and phone number in a printed card.

In Buenos Aires print 200 or 300, even 1000 cards is cheap.

You can find good printshops on google, if you can´t, send me a message telling me in wich area are you looking for a printshop and I will send you the info.

I´m Graphic Designer, I can design your cards for free and send you the file by e-mail and if in the future somebody ask you about the design you can mention my work, what do you think?

Thank you!
Regards.
Viviana

I had 100 cards printed at:

Dayen Artes Graficas
Junin 1241
5778-0053

I "designed" the card but they jazzed it up with additional graphics

The cost for three color printing was 47 pesos.

Good advice from mimi: only print your name, cell phone, and email.

cujodu said:
I order cards from www.vistaprint.com

They only take a couple of weeks, or you can rush order them, if it's your first order you can get 250 free, and they're better quality than anything here in BA. And surprisingly, even with shipping, they're cheaper than here in BA.

I too use vistaprint and can testify to their quality, although I have only had them posted to the UK.

Go to...drawing blank on name - begins with a G.. it's a kiosko type store in the malls - they have stands in Solar, Paseo Alcorta, etc. They will design them & print them within an hour. They have lots of different card stock available and the prices are good.

I suggest impressasrl.com, it is really cheap.
And in regards to the address issue, it depends on what you do. For freelancers the lack of address is common.

I just wanted to put in a good word for Viviana. I took her up on her offer to design a logo and she did a great job for me. If someone is in need of some graphic design help, I'd recommend her.

Cheers!

viviana456 said:
Hola Irishvan:
(I´m sorry for my bad English)

Well, yes, here is like in Japan or everywhere, is not pretty "professional" write your address and phone number in a printed card.

In Buenos Aires print 200 or 300, even 1000 cards is cheap.

You can find good printshops on google, if you can´t, send me a message telling me in wich area are you looking for a printshop and I will send you the info.

I´m Graphic Designer, I can design your cards for free and send you the file by e-mail and if in the future somebody ask you about the design you can mention my work, what do you think?

Thank you!
Regards.
Viviana

Does anyone know where you can get more *creative* business cards printed? As in different dimensions? Textures? [I'm looking at this for some inspiration, though some of these seem cool but aren't that practical: http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs]

I also like things like these minicards from MOO -- http://uk.moo.com/en/readymade/minicards -- but I want my own design, and I'd prefer to have it printed here in BA, because I want to hand them out asap!

Muchas gracias! :)

mini said:
I always use Moo. They take a few weeks to arrive but the quality is fantastic. I'd suggest not writing the address but only your name, mobile # & email address.

toccatango said:
Does anyone know where you can get more *creative* business cards printed? As in different dimensions? Textures? [I'm looking at this for some inspiration, though some of these seem cool but aren't that practical: http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs]

I also like things like these minicards from MOO -- http://uk.moo.com/en/readymade/minicards -- but I want my own design, and I'd prefer to have it printed here in BA, because I want to hand them out asap!

Muchas gracias! :)

The "creative bits" page didn't open for me so I can't see what you are looking for.

I always get the Moo cards. They certainly get attention. You can put your own design on the card. You can put whatever graphic/photo you want on the front but you can't change the dimensions or make cutouts or change the size & you are limited on what you put on the back. But for the quality/price/creativity I think they are the best bet.

Not to change the subject but I'm looking for someone to put a vinyl design on a window if anyone knows anyone, please let me know.

ETA: Ok, I was able to open the page. I just had to take out an extra character.
I'm sure you can get cards like that. You just need to come up with the idea. I imagine you need a graphic designer. There are some suggestions on this site already. A search will probably get you there.

Back