Butter??

New York

Registered
Does anyone know where to buy good butter? In NYC there is Danish, French and Irish butter. Here it is always the same Sancor. Help!

Coto has variety, but not all of them.There are mythological Cotos ;) with 7 different brands of butter and some only sell the one you know!
Organic butter at ""El Galpon" in Federico Lacroze right next to Chacarita Station,too. Only Wednesdays and Saturdays.
However if you are looking for salted butter I have not seen it .

Disco, Jumbo and Carrefour all have better selections of butter than Coto. But yes, they are all just large batch brand products. For something more artisanal you'd have to try El Galpon or one of the organic providers. Maschwitz has a large market on saturdays maybe there are providers there as well.

syngirl said:
Disco, Jumbo and Carrefour all have better selections of butter than Coto. .

Syngirl, it really depends on the Coto branch. My previous one had butter from a local cooperative,the current one only stretches as far as "La Veronica"

Thanks for the link to the organic place.It could save me running all over the place for various things.

My favorite brand that you can get in the pretty much all supermarkets and chinos is Sancor, for anyone who wants to know that.... :)

Can anyone tell me what Subte or bus you take to these places? El Galpon or Maschwitz. I've read about El Galpon but never heard of the other. Thanks for the info.

El Galpon is literally right next to Chacarita station,plenty of buses that go there Subte staion Federico Lacroze is right at the corner as well.
Ing Maschwitz means going out of the city a bit further than Tigre .There may be buses from Plaza Italia, but I am not sure.

PS : I find that El Galpon is better on a Saturday. Yes there are more people but also a lot more selection. Go early though.

Back