Button Has Arrived At Ezeiza

Thanks, Serafina. I never bring new clothes or electronics, etc., or anything that I feel would stick out like a sore thumb, when returning from the US. I most always bring books, household/kitchen items (wax paper, condiments, etc.), vitamins, DVDs - all essentially inconsequential items for personal use or consumption. Of course, the total of all this stuff is over US$300.00 total, but I've never had a problem at customs. With this recent directive, it makes me wonder if aduana will be taking a closer look. Hmmmm...

what about your comp and cellphone, do you ever declare it upon leaving? even if a laptop looks used I guess they might still argue that you 'bought' it abroad unless there is a declaration showing that you had it when you left...

In my experience, custom agents don't bother with electronic stuff that is over a year old.

In my experience, custom agents don't bother with electronic stuff that is over a year old.
argentine customs or any customs? i've never once had any random' checks in any country, not in North America or Europe, nor here, but then I never came back here as a resident before...not really eager to fill AFIP declarations...

Not sure what the fuss is about.

1) Don't most countries work like this? Don't they pass out a customs form on the plane where you have to indicate what you're bringing in over a certain limit, and if you are not candid you risk your stuff being confiscated? Don't most European countries have a green line (nothing to declare) and a red line, and if you use the green line and are stopped you might have problems?

2) I've been stopped in Ezeiza before and made to pay duties on some new clothing.

What is the fuss about? That the existing rules are better more strongly enforced?

I, for one, am more mad about the traffic cameras proliferating all over the city, point of which it clearly seems is more about revenue than safety.
Over 700 pesos for going 67 km/h in a 60 zone? Really?

1) not in Europe. You must declare any money over 10k usd, but no your purchases abroad.
2) Marci promised modernity, not diving even more

Thanks, Serafina. I never bring new clothes or electronics, etc., or anything that I feel would stick out like a sore thumb, when returning from the US. I most always bring books, household/kitchen items (wax paper, condiments, etc.), vitamins, DVDs - all essentially inconsequential items for personal use or consumption. Of course, the total of all this stuff is over US$300.00 total, but I've never had a problem at customs. With this recent directive, it makes me wonder if aduana will be taking a closer look. Hmmmm...

Wax Paper ????? You can get that here. It's called "papel manteca". Any stationary store here should have it.

Hands up who declares their cellphone when EXITING Ezeiza?
Thought not.
Successive governments simply perpetuate the myth that the grass is greener and that imported goods are verboten, Nirvana even and we look across to the horizon in some false hope that things are better somewhere else.
If anyone is surprised that people want to sneak stuff in, take a look at the hideous prices for quality goods in this country. It's a mockery, a sham and rip off of the century.
People here have a right to expect fairness, just like most other places. It's not a crime to want a decent cell phone or laptop, but the authorities sure would like you to think so.

I'm about to give up. The country seems irredeemable. Macri has learned NOTHING about what Argentines (I am not speaking of his wealthy frtiends) need. I had hoped things would start to get better but it has just been one punishment after another, one tax after another, one more way of extracting blood from the people. The expats on this forum would seem to be the survivors but I suspect even those here will bail out evantually.

Back