Buying a guitar in BA

steveinbsas

Registered
This thread inspired me to shop for a guitar.

In the early 70's I bought the same model of this guitar (for about $750 US) from the maker in Chicago:

I sold it in the late 80's and haven't touched a guitar since.

This morning, after searching Mercado Libre, mostly in the $100 to $300 USD price range, and, after reading the 184 positive reviews, I bought one of these guitars (made in argentina) for about $45 USD:

I don't expect much at this price, so if it becomes an adorno to hang on the wall, I won't complain.

I especially like the fact that it is "industria argentina" and when I am using it I won't be holding something made in Chna that would have cost 50% more.

Batistuta97

Registered
Hey thanks for the replies everyone, I tried to reply sooner but the website kept telling me there was a server issue.

Thanks for the advice, it's very useful!

FrankPintor

Registered
This morning, after searching Mercado Libre, mostly in the $100 to $300 USD price range, and, after reading the 184 positive reviews, I bought one of these guitars (made in argentina) for about $45 USD:

I don't expect much at this price, so if it becomes an adorno to hang on the wall, I won't complain.

I especially like the fact that it is "industria argentina" and when I am using it I won't be holding something made in Chna that would have cost 50% more.
Do please report on your experience, I haven't touched a guitar since the early 00s and I've been thinking about buying one here.

steveinbsas

Registered
:
Do please report on your experience, I haven't touched a guitar since the early 00s and I've been thinking about buying one here.
I got this guitar instead, also made in Argentina by the same manufacturer who uses two brand names ("Bamboo" and Pampa").

It arrived today and I am very pleased.

It's no Martin, but it will serve well.

I will buy the case for it this week: