Buying a guitar in BA

I have been very happy with the "Bamboo" model BC39 guitar I bought new for about $45 USD a year ago August, but I did not even look at used guitars before I made that purchase. This April, after doing a lot of research and talking with music store owners, I bought a used Gracia M7 which. I actually prefered to the slightly higher priced M9.

I like the Bamboo BC39 guitar, but the Gracia M7 is clearly superior in several aspects. aThe most obvious is that the sides and the back feature visible wood grain instaed of being spray painted! The Bamboo GC39 plays just as well and sounds almost identical to the M7, but the latter is undoubtedly athestically more pleasing (at least to me).

At this moment, the Bamboo GC39 is not available new from any vendors. There is one nearly new offered for sale for $26.000 (just about the same price as the last time a new one was published for a few months ago):

There is also a nearly new Gracia M7 offered for sale in Palermo. It includes a case and the price in pesos is $17.000 (abut $56 USD) . New model M7's with a soft case are priced starting at just over $32.000 ARS

For about $56 USD ($300 to $1 USD)

Here are the latest search results for the Gracia m7's currently listed for sale in Mercado Libre:

Here are just the use ones I foud in the search (note: not all are M7's).

The Gracia is M3 comparable to the Bamboo GC39 (with painted sides and back) and is a very good guitar. There was an M3 for sale (without a soft case) for $14.500 last week and it sold quickly over the weekend. It was advertised to be in perfect condtion.

In my opinion, the M7 with the soft case in the still active (at this moment) publication is an unbeatable value if the condition is as represented.

Anyone who buys it would have the right to cancel the buy and receive a full refund if they didn't want it after seeing and trying it in person.

PS: Stay away from the Gracia M1 model. It looks and feels a little cheap (becaues it is) and be sure any guitar you buy is 4/4 (full size for adultos), unles you want a 3/4 (smaller for niños) guitar.

PS2: Older guitars by Antigua Casa Nuñez are very similar as that company was absorbed by Gracia in 1950 and many models were made with the Antigua Casa Nuñez lable at the same time. The Antigua Casa Nuñez models A and B appear to me to be about the sale level of quality as the Gracia M7's and 9's.

PS3: I would not describe any of these guitars as "run of the mill store bought" models and are (at least to me) very well made and finished as well as great value for the money, especially at an exchange rate of 300 to 1.

There is a guy at Parque Centenerio, hand made guitars. I am no expert but I bought one a few years ago three quarter size so I can lock it away. It stays in tune the 9 months I am away and has a nice action. I paid $800 in 2014 but don't expect to pay that now.🤣

There is a guy at Parque Centenerio, hand made guitars. I am no expert but I bought one a few years ago three quarter size so I can lock it away. It stays in tune the 9 months I am away and has a nice action. I paid $800 in 2014 but don't expect to pay that now.🤣
Can you provide the name of the luthier (guitar maker) and a photo of the guitar, if possible. I would like to see what $800 would buy in 2114.

At the least, If I have the name, I can search the internet for guitars by that name that have been offered for sale in several websites in the past ten to fiften years.

Last night I found a guitar by Carlos Alanso Campos that was sold in 2014 for $750 (used).

I immediately bought an identical model made by the same Lutiher that was for sale on Mercado Libre

Attachments

• campos.png
    campos.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Can you provide the name of the luthier (guitar maker) and a photo of the guitar, if possible. I would like to see what $800 would buy in 2114.

At the least, If I have the name, I can search the internet for guitars by that name that have been offered for sale in several websites in the past ten to fiften years.

Last night I found a guitar by Carlos Alanso Campos that was sold in 2014 for $750 (used).

I immediately bought an identical model made by the same Lutiher that was for sale on Mercado Libre
Sorry but I am not in BsAs at the moment. I will try to send you a picture in January, (if I remember). and I will try to find the name of the guy.

Back