Buying A Small Apartment To Be Used As Collateral

Why do you assert that you cannot use your own real state as garantia? I think you are confused.
Here there is sonething called "bien de familia". It means that this asset is protected against foreclosure to protect your family. BUT, if you didn't put the appartment as bien de familia, then it can be used as garantia.

You might be right but that is the perception of people that are renting out there property. I rented a year ago and this was what I was told several times from those renting out their apartment/house.

if i had a little money and was looking to fix something...i would try something like this a ph a few blocks from plaza armenia in palermo.. could be a good little rental after 5,000 dollars of fixing... but it depends on the purpose of buying... and how much one wants to spend... http://aviso.zonapro...ederal-10073641

but if you want it fixed and ready to go maybe something like this?? http://aviso.zonapro...federal-9172937

will you say a PH would be better to a expat rental?

I know a fair bit about buying property in BA as I was involved in two transactions in the last 4 years. I also know something about quality and construction and many DOs and DONTs. I am happy to help, just give me a shout.

Brunette 66

What would be better to buy for using as a expat rental and emergency place to crash on a rainy day.

Furnished PH or a furnished deptt in a building?

Would a expat prefer a PH or a deptt with facilities?

What are the do's and don'ts? Can you elaborate some prominent ones, for benefit for all readers like me who may be thinking of buying at some point in 2015.

I would not want to buy something and then be gobsmacked to discover things I did not know !!

<p>
I want to buy a nice but cheap property say worth 110K and I want to rent something which is probably worth much more. The problem is when I want to rent something high end..they ask for garantia or to pay 24 months rent upfront + 2 months security deposit + arancel por immobilario. Both the tasks are quite tough for me.

The easy way for me is to buy something for 110 K, furnish it generously..rent it to helpless expats like me..and self live in a high end property using my small apartment in capital as garantia

Ceviche-san, If you are in a position to pay $110,000 US dollars to buy a "cheap" apartment how could paying 24 months rent upfront + 2 months security deposit + arancel por immobilario be "quite tough" for you?

<p>

Ceviche-san, If you are in a position to pay $110,000 US dollars to buy a "cheap" apartment how could paying 24 months rent upfront + 2 months security deposit + arancel por immobilario be "quite tough" for you?

'Tough' is a wrong word to use. But perhaps, lets say :

1. i would not want to commit a rent of 24 months in cash to someone. For example, a building has a problem or I want to shift base, I dont want to be committed to a pre-paid 24 month rent. However, if I paid month by month and decided to break the contract, I would just have to pay 1.5 months penalty and I would be out for good.

2. Handing someone 24 months rents in advance on day 1, defeats the whole purpose of using dollar fluctuations to my advantage in course of 2 years when paying month by month.

3. Few other practical issues in handing high volume of pesos on a single day.

IF someone accepts a self Owned Garantia + IF someone accepts a lesser value Garantia. The idea may Fly... :cool: Keep us posted in 2015... :rolleyes:

PS: I can understand how that might deplete your capital reserves too much, but the revenue from a small apartment will not begin to cover the cost of renting a high end place and if you bring the funds to buy the "cheap" apartment into the country through the Banco Nacion at the official rate, they will lose about 30% of their purchasing power in dollars.

$33,000 (30% of $110K) is probably enough, especially if paid in advance, to rent a very nice place for two years, and you won't have an escribano asking you to show how the money came into the country.

Back