Buying A Used Car,and The Legalities?

Thanks Frenchie, it would probably have been quite expensive.
Wife has a change of heart, so we're now looking at Vectras.

Thanks Frenchie, it would probably have been quite expensive.
Wife has a change of heart, so we're now looking at Vectras.

http://www.autos.com.ar/opiniones-de-chevrolet-vectra-M36O64.htm

Some people's opinion. Probably doesn't have all the issues the Corsa has.

The most reliable Auto maker of the world:

1.Japanese makes.Toyota-Lexus-Subaru-Honda-Acura-Nissan-Infinty-etc
2.German makes but parts-upkeep could be expensive.V.W.~Audi,BMW,M-Bz, Opel etc.
3. Korean makes (we had to give them a free technology transfer) WW II restitution you know!
4. Other Euro makes ( all owned by the germans almost!)Not the FIAT albeit, Except Volvo (owned by the commie China)
5.All GM, Ford, Chrysler~( owned now by the FIAT Italy's group )
6. Do not buy the Chinese nor the Indian makes ( un-safe and un-wise as well )

Made in Japan cars, we assimilitated the design from the Brits originally and learnt the Engineering from the Germans..After WW II we had to gain foreign currency Nee mighty Dollars for our existance, we went to the basic and had to produce-supreme products,we embraced Dr. Demings quality approach and put them to in building everything made-in Japan..Thus enjoying the undisputed fame such as Japanese products are very tough and can withstand abuse..The rest is history..Buy Japanese and save big and be smart, buy German and brag that you can afford expensive stuff...

my 2 cents !

Just to update. We ended up with the original Honda 2011 CR-V we found. Actually all went well in the end but boy was it hard work on the legalities. I think my wife had to make visits to 4 different offices and made somewhere around 25-30 signatures on various papers, copies of papers and copies of copies of papers. Ridiculous. In the UK you sign the registration document, send off your piece and give the buyer his part to send off. Phone up the insurance, transfer it over to the new car , job done. Here we were having to goto the police to check the history of the car, go other offices to register, i lost track. Then we had to exchange our dollars after selling our car just as the peso crashed. Luckily got a good rate and was only without a car for a few days before purchasing the used one and having to carry around some 170,000 pesos didnt do the heart much good.
Next time buying a new car, not worth the stress.

Just to update. We ended up with the original Honda 2011 CR-V we found. Actually all went well in the end but boy was it hard work on the legalities. I think my wife had to make visits to 4 different offices and made somewhere around 25-30 signatures on various papers, copies of papers and copies of copies of papers. Ridiculous. In the UK you sign the registration document, send off your piece and give the buyer his part to send off. Phone up the insurance, transfer it over to the new car , job done. Here we were having to goto the police to check the history of the car, go other offices to register, i lost track. Then we had to exchange our dollars after selling our car just as the peso crashed. Luckily got a good rate and was only without a car for a few days before purchasing the used one and having to carry around some 170,000 pesos didnt do the heart much good.

MORALE ! Buy Only from a major Dealer you will need only one signature and perhaps 2 visits plus all the operation is guaranteed
:cool: Perhaps one saves $2000 pesos?

johnw100, You must be a Brit since you are so Asphyxiated in adhering to a CR-V brand series.? I would gone for any made-in-Japan, Compact Sport-Utility vehicle instead of that Compact recreational-vehicle nee the Honda. However, congrats to you two being able to acquire the much sought after branded vehicle..

johnw100, You must be a Brit since you are so Asphyxiated in adhering to a CR-V brand series.? I would gone for any made-in-Japan, Compact Sport-Utility vehicle instead of that Compact recreational-vehicle nee the Honda. However, congrats to you two being able to acquire the much sought after branded vehicle..

Yes I am a Brit, but strange you ask because I read many times that the CR-V is the most popular compact crossover in North America, or was. And its not so popular in the UK, at least the reviews arnt so hot.
The problem is what other options are there in Argentina, very few. We looked at Renault, Chevrolet, Peugeot, Fiat & Citreon all were cheap, horrible and nothing with the space of a CR-V. Other option was Toyota Rav-4 or Hyundai Santa Fe, both more expensive than the CR-V and I couldnt stand the Rav-4 interior or the side hinged rear door.

We love the CR-V, and so does everyone else that sees it , which is the main thing after all.

John, from a fellow Brit, we just bought a Honda and are delighted with it.
I second your comments ref the paperwork.

Back