Cablevision HD service

...oh and for two and a half years our cable bills have been sent to the wrong address after multiple phone calls trying to correct this we have just given up (its actually not a huge inconvenience) as the response has always been 'we can't change your address now, its in the database, the only way to change your address would be to cancel your account and start a new one' (including disconnecting and then reconnecting the cable), going postal could soon have its Argentine counterpart... going cable.

What's the problem, I found this kind of service to generally be the norm in Argentina.

Eternalnewbie said:
But I want my crap to be sharp and clear.

Anybody have Cablevision HD? All I want to know is how long did it take for the service to work?
Get DirecTV its your only chance for good service. The cable compaies SUCK!!!!!

Wow!

There is some comfort in finding oneself not alone out there in the forest of incompetence, but my new TV still doesn't work. At least I have now been given a complaint number and finally someone took down the serial # of the unit. I have now an apology and assurance it will be working by day's end. I am not sure when the day ends for them, but it's not working at quarter past five.

When we made the original decision to go with Cablevision (for TV) and Fibertel (for Internet), partly that was due to having heard horror stories like the ones here regarding DirectTV.

It is evident that in many levels of service here, incompetence is the rule, and laziness no exception. But to be fair, Comcast in DC sent us bills for more than a year after we returned their equipment, and even after dozens of calls (from Europe) and half a dozen faxed copies of our return receipt, they turned the bill over to a collection agency. I finally had to pay a lawyer to resolve the issue, and after one letter from his office, Comcast submitted a letter indicating it was their mistake and the dismal process ended.

Verizon over months never did figure out why our DSL line was performing at about one-third of the advertised speed. Although they did send a tech out twice during the same week. They just couldn't find anything to fix. We lived with it until we moved a few months later.

This is just our world ... a subject for another time.

ghost said:
Get DirecTV its your only chance for good service. The cable compaies SUCK!!!!!

^^^^^

This.

I have Direct TV installed in all my properties. The two times I had issues, it was because a building was being constructed next to mine and it interrupted the signal. They were there within 8 business days to move the antenna. I did get charged for it though since it wasn't a technical, software or hardware error on their part.

I have had the same receiver at my personal apartment for the past three years, about two weeks ago the sound started messing up. I changed the A/V cables, this didn't work. I checked my tv, the speakers were fine. I called Direct TV a couple days later ( since I really didn't care because I only watch Fox News on it ). They scheduled a tech for the next day. They happened to have a tech in the neighborhood at that moment and three hours after I made the call, they had a tech at my door. He checked all the things I had already checked, turns out the receiver had an audio out problem. He went to his van and brought me a brand new receiver and remote, no charge. The whole process took about 20 minutes.

I just got a call today on my cellphone when I was on my way home from work. It was Direct TV, they were offering me four tickets to some event tomorrow night. I don't recall what it was, some play or some other event. I wasn't really interested since plays aren't really my bag. But anyway, they offered me the tickets for free and were nice enough to call my cellphone when they couldn't reach me at home.

Also, every month that I pay my bill on time, they send me free movie tickets, free half kilos of ice cream at volta. Two for one dinners at various restaurants etc.

I really only use the free ice cream coupons :D ( yes im a fatty ).

And their channel quality and programming are top notch. In short, I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use another cable tv provider, only because my experience with Direct TV ( In the US and here in Argentina ) has basically been flawless.

One more note about DirectTV just to be completely honest. When it rains heavily or there is a storm, the signal does get interrupted. Usually no more than a few hours though.

Have fun with cablevision, I understand it's cheaper, but I think you made the wrong decision.

gouchobob said:
What's the problem, I found this kind of service to generally be the norm in Argentina.

You never going to waste the opportunity to chip in with your standard from the shelf negative commentaries, eh! gouchobob ?

They know, we know, everyone knows, that this company service is totally crap but you can't refrain yourself to contribute wholeheartedly with your extra 2 cents of useless comment....seem some people are happy with little things in life....crapping everyone and anything else.

Lucas said:
You never going to waste the opportunity to chip in with your standard from the shelf negative commentaries, eh! gouchobob ?

They know, we know, everyone knows, that this company service is totally crap but you can't refrain yourself to contribute wholeheartedly with your extra 2 cents of useless comment....seem some people are happy with little things in life....crapping everyone and anything else.

are you ever gonna write something else besides contradicting everyone that thinks something about arg. that you don't like?

so boring....

Alex, yes, it appears I have. I have decided that if this HD Cablevision issue isn't resolved tomorrow (after waiting 4 days to get an HD signal), I will cancel the service and order DirectTV.

As for the other comments, I do not have to read this site much to see that there are some completely negative and bitter people posting here. But I think that's the nature of Internet web sites. They attract people whose best attempt at having any kind of life is to crap around in Cyberspace. Easy to ignore.

Lucas said:

What's negative, I'm only being truthful, I've had a lot worse experience in Argentina than the ones being described here. If you want to live in Argentina you have to get use to crappy service most of the time. However, every once you somebody does something good which always comes as a pleasant surprise. By the way one of the good surprises is DirectTV, pretty good service overall and I would recommend them. Also for the Spanish impaired they have a lot more programming in English.

I have DirectTV and other than the fact that I never seem to get a bill,the service has been pretty damn good...including them coming out to replace a faulty reciever unit...

They would be one of the few things Id like to take to Thailand with me...

Back