Cafiero speaks in English at an expo in Dubai

The funniest part of my Lanata-Majul anecdote is that some anonymous minion probably penned the thing and then they put Majul's name on the cover. My objection is not so much about Clarin/LaNacion/RadioMitre/LN+ and Co, and C5N/Pagina12 and Co serving as propaganda outlets for their respective sides. It's not like they make any attempt to hide what they are doing, and hopefully not too many people take it as anything other than a slightly sick form of light entertainment. What I object to is the way they do so masquerading as journalists. Particularly the ones on the screen. They are just actors reading from the same pantomime script night after night. When was the last time any of them did any serious investigative journalism or pulled out a keyboard and started to write? I quite like listening to Jorge Fernandez Diaz spitting out his bile every weeknight on Mitre and he does write excellent columns. As do Joaquin Morales Sola and Carlos Pagni. And Nelson Castro gets on planes and goes and has a look. But the rest of them? Whatever they might once have been, on what grounds do they still claim to be journalists?

The funniest part of my Lanata-Majul anecdote is that some anonymous minion probably penned the thing and then they put Majul's name on the cover. My objection is not so much about Clarin/LaNacion/RadioMitre/LN+ and Co, and C5N/Pagina12 and Co serving as propaganda outlets for their respective sides. It's not like they make any attempt to hide what they are doing, and hopefully not too many people take it as anything other than a slightly sick form of light entertainment. What I object to is the way they do so masquerading as journalists. Particularly the ones on the screen. They are just actors reading from the same pantomime script night after night. When was the last time any of them did any serious investigative journalism or pulled out a keyboard and started to write? I quite like listening to Jorge Fernandez Diaz spitting out his bile every weeknight on Mitre and he does write excellent columns. As do Joaquin Morales Sola and Carlos Pagni. And Nelson Castro gets on planes and goes and has a look. But the rest of them? Whatever they might once have been, on what grounds do they still claim to be journalists?
Mempo Giardinelli does his homework. But he's of the old guard, and must be 75 at least. I once had coffee with Robert Cox, the grand old man of the BA Herald in its prime, and he spoke quite highly of Mempo.

But the great mass of AR journalists are shameless whores, yeah.

It's worse than we think. Doctor Elmer Huertas, when commenting on CNN en Español during the Trump rallies late in 2020, said that they were unsafe superspreader events. Simultaneously, during the anti-government street protests in Lima in November 2020, when commenting for the local network there which was supportive of the protests, he changed his tune and argued that there was no evidence such activities were dangerous. I heard both with my own ears. A clearer example of what goes on would be difficult to find.

It was embarrassing, but not surprising considering he's a K, none of them speak English, Cafiero, the letter about the Russian vaccines, Cristina, Alberto, etc. If he spoke French, or German, or Arabic, or Mandarin I could give him a pass and say English isn't the only language in the world, but if you're the Minister of Foreign Affairs/Secretary of State you should speak at least 2 languages, and if you're going to claim to speak a language, in your role as a representative of a country, at least practice first? My husband could have pronounced that speech better and he doesn't claim to speak English, and in the radio interview he clearly practiced what he was going to say before calling in.

Finally, I refuse to give a dickhead like Santiago Cafiero a pass because he is exactly what's wrong with Argentina, and the United States increasingly: he's a failson, the child of wealth and power who fails upwards in to their position at the expense of those more qualified and the suffering of society. Here's a bit on the Cafiero family tree:

Antonio Cafiero (Grandfather)
  • President of the PJ
  • Minister of Foreign Trade
  • Comptroller of Mendoza
  • Minister of the Economy
  • National Deputy
  • Governor of Buenos Aires
  • Constituent Convention Delegate for Buenos Aires
  • Chief of Cabinet
  • National Senator
  • He, along with Isabel Peron, signed Decreto 2772 which ordered the Armed Forces "under the Superior Command of the President of the Nation, which will be exercised through the Defense Council, to carry out military and security operations that are necessary for the purpose of annihilating the actions of subversive elements throughout the country's territory", which was part of the "legal justification" for the AAA and death squads
Mari Cafiero (Father)
  • National Deputy
  • Vice President of the Movimiento Proyecto Sur
  • President of INAES (Ministry of Productive Development)
Mari Cafiero (Uncle)
  • National Deputy
  • Minister of Social Development
  • Minister of Justice and Security (Buenos Aires)
  • Ambassador to the Vatican

When your family has lived a life of luxury, attached to the teat of the Argentine state for 3 generations you'd think you'd have time to practice another language if your goal is to be Minister of Foreign Affairs, but why waste the time when there is no consequences and it's seen as your birthright to be a leech?

It was embarrassing, but not surprising considering he's a K, none of them speak English, Cafiero, the letter about the Russian vaccines, Cristina, Alberto, etc. If he spoke French, or German, or Arabic, or Mandarin I could give him a pass and say English isn't the only language in the world, but if you're the Minister of Foreign Affairs/Secretary of State you should speak at least 2 languages, and if you're going to claim to speak a language, in your role as a representative of a country, at least practice first? My husband could have pronounced that speech better and he doesn't claim to speak English, and in the radio interview he clearly practiced what he was going to say before calling in.

Finally, I refuse to give a dickhead like Santiago Cafiero a pass because he is exactly what's wrong with Argentina, and the United States increasingly: he's a failson, the child of wealth and power who fails upwards in to their position at the expense of those more qualified and the suffering of society. Here's a bit on the Cafiero family tree:

• President of the PJ
  • Comptroller of Mendoza
  • National Deputy
  • Chief of Cabinet
  • National Senator
  • He, along with Isabel Peron, signed Decreto 2772 which ordered the Armed Forces "under the Superior Command of the President of the Nation, which will be exercised through the Defense Council, to carry out military and security operations that are necessary for the purpose of annihilating the actions of subversive elements throughout the country's territory", which was part of the "legal justification" for the AAA and death squads
Mari Cafiero (Father)
  • National Deputy
Mari Cafiero (Uncle)
  • National Deputy

When your family has lived a life of luxury, attached to the teat of the Argentine state for 3 generations you'd think you'd have time to practice another language if your goal is to be Minister of Foreign Affairs, but why waste the time when there is no consequences and it's seen as your birthright to be a leech?

I am going to strongly agree. I have no use for such people, regardless of their politics.

• President of the PJ
  • Comptroller of Mendoza
  • National Deputy
  • Chief of Cabinet
  • National Senator
Mari Cafiero (Father)
  • National Deputy
Mari Cafiero (Uncle)
  • National Deputy

Cafiero is Argentina's Kramer:

Let's be honest UAE probably didn't take Argentina too seriously even before he spoke. So in the end Arg left with the same amount of respect.
Yes no respect. Gulf Arabs, in my experience living there, consider Argentina a poor country of no interest. That's the reaction I always got when I mentioned Argentina.

Back