calling cards for calling USA

almgia

Registered
does anyone know where to go to buy calling cards (not the ones used to add credits on cell phone) to call internationally. thank you!!

I recommend a website called Nobelcom.com . On this website you have a ton of options of where you call and how you call...

For example, I spend about 3.3 US cents a minute calling the US from a local BsAs phone number that they assign me (along with a PIN number). If you prefer using a toll free number for your calls, it´s a bit more expensive.

Furthermore, they have special plans for all over the world, so let´s say you have a relative in the States who plans on calling you using a Buenos Aires phone number (instead of in another city like Mendoza, etc.). There´s a special card with a rate for that. Or will only be calling your cell phone. There´s a special specific card for that, too. They have rates for just about everything (including a card that is good for calling all over the world).

Around certain holidays they email you 10% discounts from time to time. And when you accumulate enough points through their website, they give you occasional freebees/extra minutes.

I like it especially because the connections have always been crystal clear for me, without dropping calls, etc.

Hope this helps! :)

You can buy a card in most kioskos called Hablemas. Its 10 pesos and you can usually get more than an hour to call in the states.

TheBlackHand said:
Seriously ? It's 2011.

skype.com

That's ONLY if you have a reliable internet connection. I was in the middle of a conference call at a cafe once because my internet wasn't working at home. Then their internet went out. Then I went to an ice cream place, but that was the day my battery died and I couldn't plug in anywhere. 30 minutes later I was back on the conference call.

Sometimes calling cards work for people.

Skype now has a monthly unlimited calling plan to the USA. That is what we use here.

As Napoleon said, skype is great IF you have a reliable internet connection. That can be a big IF for some people. I have a terrible connection where I live now and no option for a better one. So I need calling cards as backup for my work.

I bought mine online. Callingcards.com. 20 dollars gives you something like 11 hours of talk time.

llamaargentina.com is what i use.. it's similar to what Lauren23 mentioned. its nice because you can program in numbers to speed dial, set up pinless dialing, etc.

despite what the name might suggest, it works to call from here to other countries. i think the rates are also comparable to the site Lauren23 mentioned to the US, but other countries you would have to check the site. my family also uses it to call me here. to call an Argentina home phone from the US is 1.1cent, a cell phone 9.9cents. pretty good deal. (to call an Argentina phone from the US, its much, much cheaper than skype)

Back