Calling It Quits In Ba After Five Years

mariposa

Registered
So we made the difficult decision and acted on it. We are going back to our New York City life full-time. (Well that part is not difficult!) What was hard was to decide to sell the wonderful house which we made and loved, but we did it. We’ll be leaving with a great sense of relief but also feeling a bit sad. (In the future we will be back occasionally as visitors...)

We all knew this day would come, but it came sooner that we had originally planned. The country has changed a lot since we came here 5 years ago. The main reason for our decision: the economic uncertainly and erratic government (in my opinion) of this country and the worry, the way things are going, that the day may come where we would no longer be able to get dollars for our property or even if we could, would no longer be able to get them out of the country. That worry is now gone.

What we’ll miss the most is the city itself with its many cultural assets, its late-night dining scene, its cafes, its many bookstores and parks. We’ll miss our neighborhood and all our friends, living in a big beautiful house, and, most of all, all our absolutely lovely, wonderful neighbors who became our family here (all of them Argentines).

What we won’t miss – well you all can imagine that long list.

We will still be around for some weeks, and soon I’ll be posting lots of things for sale – furniture, household items, decorative things and more.

Sorry to see you go. Have enjoyed your contributions to this list. My best wishes in NYC! Eat a Nathan's dog for me! :)

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Sorry to see you go. Have enjoyed your contributions to this list. My best wishes in NYC! Eat a Nathan's dog for me![/background]

Thanks!!! I'm still around, and I will be back...(well sort of...) :)

Congrats on your house sale and best of luck for the move. Did you sell to someone with an account outside the country or were you able to wire funds out? We're trying to leave too and this is one of the main difficulties.

Lots of well wishes and a slight tinge of jealousy. ;)

I thought you were one of the more optimistic posters. Hope all goes well for you.

Congratulations!!!! Very glad to hear that you got out whole [$$$$$] it's not easy.

Here is what Mariposa must be thinking

You'd think so Camberiu but after the house sale (for us 9 yrs) and the successful apparition of said monies in our foreign account by unknown cueva and having NOT been mugged carting part of said sale in bra, underwear, brief cases of friends and lawyers etc....our overwhelming feeling was of sadness...why did it have to be this way..we could've been so good together etc...it's you not me etc? And that was knowing we'd be back regularly due to our business. There's no victory in escaping Bsas...It's like that bad boy boyfriend you always wanted to change..but couldn't. Like so many others who have tried before us. Not wanting to put words in the Op mouth but that's how it was and is for us.

Back