Campaign Watch

I'd be interested to know how many political parties and their sub-groups or splinter factions etc are actually involved here.
Adri seems to be of the belief that it's a two party system viz Peronists v Radicals.

You have it right that Macri needs to nationalise his profile, the problem is despite her own wealth, privilege and education, Cris has set herself up as President of the People and Macri is the horrible rich privileged guy that doesn't know what's best for the rest. And it's true, Macri gets the professional, educated, city-dwelling vote whereas Cris gets the rest (obv she also gets some educated professionals as well, but frankly I think a lot of those are tiring of her now too, especially when they took their holidays abroad this year and got slapped with the additional tax). Macri needs to break out beyond CABA if he wants any hope in 2015.

Regarding religion and candidates -- well I'm from Canada where we tend for the most part to try to keep our religion and our politics separate, and I'm also an atheist so I really don't like religion nor references to God in my political figures. However, Argentina is an officially Catholic country and there are still a lot of religious people out there, especially beyond Capital, so here it can be a benefit for recruiting votes. I respect other people's right to religious beliefs, it's just not for me whatsoever, but in a country that does have an official religion I understand that you're also going to get a lot of it in your politics.

I'd be interested to know how many political parties and their sub-groups or splinter factions etc are actually involved here.
Adri seems to be of the belief that it's a two party system viz Peronists v Radicals.

I have heard the split desribed as Peronists vs Rural Society too. Either way Massa is under the peronist banner for sure, Macri sits less clearly under the radical/rural society banner.

Both are political parties in name only. The latter is a rapidly dying discussion group, while the former is a political patronage machine with multiple factions that detest each other.

Both are political parties in name only. The latter is a rapidly dying discussion group, while the former is a political patronage machine with multiple factions that detest each other.

The Rural Society is very much alive and kicking...and influential.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1628530-el-increible-video-de-juan-cabandie-amenazando-a-una-agente-de-transito

Bergman is the one that UNEN will gun for, god help us all if UNEN ever got control of the city, a complete ragtag bunch of misfits without a coherent policy between the lot of them.

Bold move to run a Rabi with perceived right wing politics in the city. I would have thought a softer centrist candidate might help soften Macri's profile nationally.

Bergman has the Comunidad support 100% not a small group in the City..!! :cool:

Back