Campaign Watch

I've got a good question for you then:

If I were a voter whose greatest concern is inflation (I'm not), who should I vote for? Looking at the pattern of the BCRA's printing of pesos, it shows no clear relation to inflation. This also matches economies such as EEUU, Japan and UK which print at will (i.e. "QE") and it still has no effect on inflation.

World Bank stats point to Argentina's inflation coming from the Kirchner governments spending like drunken sailors, mostly on social programmes. Therefore, the candidate I would want would be the one who is going to guarantee spending cuts, yet I see no candidates even mentioning any kind of cuts in health, education, energy investment, etc.; quite the contrary.

So who would "solve" the inflation issue in Argentina, and what programmes should she or he cut to do so?

Ed

The right will cut all social programmes and the gas the Ks are putting into the economy by prinitng and intensifying internal demand (which means people, argentine people, with money to spend). Demand produces inflation, so pretty much the recession is the only way inflation will really stop. This country cannot have a virtouus cycle of growth, inclusion, strong internal demand, expansive internal market, without inflation. It has always been like this.
So every not K politician have these interests of enterprizes, banks and important embassies like the US, of slowing down the economy, to pour cold water on it. The scenario is pretty much K or not K, Unen, Pro, Massa, etc, they will break the spending. So the low inflation will be with the whole package, of recession, flattening of the economy, probably more exclussion, those who went out of poverty will fall again, etc. The right bets in every anti K politician, wiki leaks revealed contacts of Massa being Kirchnerista with teh Us embassy, so picture Macri or Carrio...

Ja JA JA!!! This is almost comical...A whole day went by & no Kristina worshipper bothered to brin it up on this forum...Capital's start K candidate got caught out doing what KKs do best, bully & threaten while abusing their positions as Diputados. Yes, only days after appearing in a political debate against Lilita Carrio & Rabino Bergman -on TN tv, Cabandie (K) has been caught on video, threatening Gendarmes who pulled him over in Feb this year for driving an uninssured vehicle...very embarassing and utterly silly. He even brought up the 'Disappeared' & went as far as making a mobile phone call to his higher up colleages within the national government to force authorities to have the gendarmes 'corrected' & punished for bothering him. The video is in Spanish.

"Video: la increíble amenaza de Juan Cabandié a efectivos de Gendarmería. [background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]En unas sorprendentes imágenes, el legislador porteño enfrentó a un miembro de la fuerza, quien le iba a secuestrar el auto ya que estaba sin seguro. Como represalia, el candidato sugirió aplicarle "[/background]un correctivo[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]". [/background]Tras el escándalo, el dirigente justificó su enojo"
http://www.infobae.com/2013/10/12/1515622-video-la-increible-amenaza-juan-cabandie-efectivos-gendarmeria

What worry me the most is ,how the campora is gonna react when they come to find out that they are not ''loved" by everyone(unidos y organizados)sounds to me like all the ingredients for another montoneros era in this country..Peronists engaging Peronists armed and shooting eachother and of course ,us caught in the crossfire
I hope i;m very wrong at what i see and it's just my paranoia.

Interesting view there Mckenna, but on that scale, I think not.
They don't have the cold blooded conviction of the groups operating during the 70's.
In my view, they're wannabees and cowards whose short presence on the stage is coming to an end.

And this character Insaurralde?
One dimensional doesn't even get near to describing this lightweight. You can almost see the strings moving.

Matías:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"So every not K politician have these interests...of slowing down the economy, to pour cold water on it. The scenario is pretty much K or not K,"[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Or we can change it a bit to make it sound like Knoblauch:[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]So every non-Obama politician has these interests ... of slowing down the economy, to pour cold water on it. The scenario is pretty much Obama or not Obama,"[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Or Stalinists:[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]So every non-Stalinist politician has these interest... of slowing down the economy, to pour cold water on it. The scenario is pretty much Stalin or not Stalin,"[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Or Bush:[/background]

"You're either with us or against us..."

It's uncanny how authoritarians and their cheer leaders around the world all have so much in common, but then bend over backwards to show how different they are from each other. But it's always the same tired script: if you don't support my party then the Evil Other Side will take over. Truth is it's not only boring but as history has shown, quite dangerous.

Ja JA JA!!! This is almost comical...A whole day went by & no Kristina worshipper bothered to brin it up on this forum...Capital's start K candidate got caught out doing what KKs do best, bully & threaten while abusing their positions as Diputados. Yes, only days after appearing in a political debate against Lilita Carrio & Rabino Bergman -on TN tv, Cabandie (K) has been caught on video, threatening Gendarmes who pulled him over in Feb this year for driving an uninssured vehicle...very embarassing and utterly silly. He even brought up the 'Disappeared' & went as far as making a mobile phone call to his higher up colleages within the national government to force authorities to have the gendarmes 'corrected' & punished for bothering him. The video is in Spanish.

"Video: la increíble amenaza de Juan Cabandié a efectivos de Gendarmería. [background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]En unas sorprendentes imágenes, el legislador porteño enfrentó a un miembro de la fuerza, quien le iba a secuestrar el auto ya que estaba sin seguro. Como represalia, el candidato sugirió aplicarle "[/background]un correctivo[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]". [/background]Tras el escándalo, el dirigente justificó su enojo"
http://www.infobae.c...vos-gendarmeria

As I said in another thread, this episode happened in February. Curious when it appears, isnt it?

Matías:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Or we can change it a bit to make it sound like Knoblauch:[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Or Stalinists:[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Or Bush:[/background]

It's uncanny how authoritarians and their cheer leaders around the world all have so much in common, but then bend over backwards to show how different they are from each other. But it's always the same tired script: if you don't support my party then the Evil Other Side will take over. Truth is it's not only boring but as history has shown, quite dangerous.

No, but in this case, it is for real. Every politician have had contact with the US embassy (the most important actor of the right in this country, since 1920s) so it is clear what will happen. Nobody says: "I will make an ajuste, I will cut social beneffits, I will cut some programs, etc" so you have to dig a little deeper in their speeches, try to read between lines, see what are they proposing, what are their critics to the governement. Then you ll see that pretty much everyone has the same view, thats why I m saying that these policies can only happen with this government. Yes you can have human rights policies, or gay marriage or something like that with other governments, but the critics about how the economy is doing, which I think all in all its doing fine, every critique, says pretty much the same, talks about devaluation, inflation, etc, and we know the meaning of that measures (exclussion, unemployment, poverty, etc).

Listen Matías,

I'm probably more sympathetic to your points than most people here. I do not want to see cuts in social programmes, I'm more concerned about jobs than inflation, and I want Argentina to continue to recovering control of its resources. That said, saying that the K's are the only option to achieve these goals and that everyone else is in cahootz with Tío Sam is hyperbole that only provides ammo to your rightist opponents on this site.

I will retract all of this if you can show me how candidates like Altamira, Bregman and even Solanas (although he's gone bonkers) are being controlled by the US embassy. If not, please admit that the totalitarian rhetoric only serves to fortify the right wing.

Best,

Ed

Back