Can Anyone Possibly Think This Is A Good Idea?

Of course it could be worse! And so could our lives if we lived in North Korea, Afghanistan or Venezuela but that's not the point! I am Argentine and I don't want China with any base here...nor do I want anyone else!

What is the point? What is your problem, genuinely? I don't get it.

Problem? I don't have any problems! Point? Why should we have a Chinese base here? Got it?

Why - exposure to Chinese technology, boost to sicence and education even if it is staffed with Chinese workers they'll be paying tax, comsuming goods & services, possibly even boosting chinese tourism through raising the profile of Argentina in China. Potential for preferential deals and a launching platforms for Argentine sattelites.

Why not? -......

i get that you don't want it, but I don't see you telling us why?

I doubt Chile would allow such an atrocity to occur on their territory! If the Chinese need this in the southern hemipshere, do you think Australia or New Zealand would ever allow this? Maybe they should try Zimbabwe or Congo!
Really ?
http://ingenieria.uchile.cl/noticias/40546/centro-de-estudios-espaciales-instalara-antenas-satelitales-chinas

It's generally not a great idea to invite a world power to build bases in your country. ;)

My only misgiving about the whole thing is that I don't like the general direction of Argentina's allegiance (Russia, China, etc).... :p

It's generally not a great idea to invite a world power to build bases in your country. ;)

My only misgiving about the whole thing is that I don't like the general direction of Argentina's allegiance (Russia, China, etc).... :p
respectfully, can you tell me why it´s better for Argentina to be part, for example, of "The coallition of the Willing" ?

Argentina didn't choose them, they were they only option.
While the US betrayed Argentina during the last war, Russians provided the intellegence to sink the Invencible.
While the US was boycotting AR exports since WWII, Rusia has been a loyal buyer.
The same we can say about China.
In my opinion, the alliances of Argentina are a big faillure if the US, but they don't care, of course.

Back