Can Somebody Recommend A Photoshop For Us Embassy Mugshots

Thanks for all the recommendations. I hope to have better luck now. I definitely do not recommend the one on Callao and Juncal. Even though they do have the Kodak logo, and even though they claim to have been trained by ICANA, they do not know the embassy rules: size, resolution, no retouching, etc.

Can you recommend them? This location is also convenient for me, but I went there to ask, and I wasn't very convinced about the place...

I went there once and they did the right requirements. Most of the places should, they should ask you what you need it for, and they have lists of the requirements. My experience was they did the right background, size, shot the photo, printed it out and trimmed it to the right size, took about 10 minutes total.

The place where in general you explain them the rules, and they get the job done: Casa Fa, Av Pueyrredon 1033, corner Av Cordoba.

They were just bought by Chinese (I think, definitely Asian) very very nice people, the pics they gave me the first day got dirty from the ink from their stamp. I called them on the phone and spoke to their Argentine employee who said the pics had already been deleted and I'd need to take new ones. I came in, spoke to the Chinese lady who I think is some sort of owner, she found me yesterday's pics and refused to take more than 10 pesos for new prints.

Not sure if they'll email you their file, ask them on the phone beforehand. They have a dedicated booth and shouldn't have issues with shadows.

Just to give some updated info for anyone looking at this forum for information:

The clock/cell/phone store on Thames (right near Santa Fe) that was previously mentioned is great! They have the Kodak machine to print if you already have your picture file, but they also take the passport photos and such. Really nice guy!

For my most recent passport photo I had tried several photo stores and the people taking the photos were quite clueless. As a photographer one should use a ¨Portrait Lens¨ with a focal length of 80mm and above. Using wider lenses close up will elongate-expand the size of your features in the center (your nose grows :p) The light source should also not be a florescent tube hanging above your head. Even though one can calibrate the photo for such a green light source.. not very flattering light.
I ended up taking my own photo..adjusting the levels, size etc in photoshop..and having it printed at a passport photo store. Most of the stores have their machines color calibrated differently (not calibrated)…so u might have to do a few prints to adjust for being to red, blue or yellow.
As long as the photo looks like you and is not obviously touched up… no one at the embassy will notice or care..

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"(600 x 600 dpi, 2in x 2 in, less than 240 kB, etc.)"[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]U will be very hard pressed to come up with these dimensions.[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]most likely you mean something like 100 x 100 dpi @ 2¨by 2¨?[/background]

The guy outside the US embassy knows exactly what the embassy wants, he takes a shot of you by the embassy lawn, and you can have a good pic in two minutes, if he is there. I am talking about the street vendor with greasy dirty pants.

Do you actually need one? If you're getting a visa they take your photo for you at the US Consulate Services Center on Santa Fe as part of the service. Once you book/pay for your appointment online you get two separate appointments, one for your photo and prints and then one for the actual visa.

Back