Can Someone Please Explain Cell Phones To Me?

looking at my data usage from the uk over a couple of weeks i used about 3gb of data.

I paid £12 (120 pesos ish) for
  • 250 UK minutes
  • Unlimited UK texts
  • Unlimited Internet
  • Free to giffgaff
Most of the data was auto uploading of images to dropbox and google maps.

I don't suppose there is any smaller network resellers like giffgaff in argentina?
http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

looking at my data usage from the uk over a couple of weeks i used about 3gb of data.

I paid £12 (120 pesos ish) for
  • 250 UK minutes
  • Unlimited UK texts
  • Unlimited Internet
  • Free to giffgaff
Most of the data was auto uploading of images to dropbox and google maps.

I don't suppose there is any smaller network resellers like giffgaff in argentina?
http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

No network resellers. Here there is movistar, personal, claro and nextel and nothing else.

For reference I pay 250 pesos/month for 600 Minutes to any number in the Americas, 9 unlimited numbers from the same company, 1 unlimited landline number, 400 SMS, 2GB of data @ full speed and the rest at 128k, and a bunch of stupid stuff (like concert tickets and free boingo wifi etc, movies & song downloads) that I dont use.

I bought an unlocked phone and a prepaid Movistar SIM and I couldn't find any way to make the internet work, even though the Movi website says you should just connect with any prepaid plan and it'll be fine. I reached movi support after hours of trying and they said the same thing, so it must be the phone. But I tried someone else's (contract) movi sim in the phone and the internet worked At the end of the day I think it's my chip and since movi won't fix it I'm out that money.

I spoke with Personal and they told me that any prepaid chip will work with the internet, so I'm going to buy a new sim from them.

Out of curiosity, has anybody gotten the internet to work on movistar prepaid plans?

OK, someone might know this. I have Movistar and credit on my phone. How do I use some of that for data? I heard something about texting a number or something

Back