Can You Buy Land As A Foreigner Now Without Dni?

jevalove

Registered
Hi expats

I'm about to purchase some land in Córdoba, and I ran into a new restriction.

Before foreigners could buy land without having a DNI by going to ANSES and showing them your passport, and being issued a CUIL/CUIT number.

I went to do this errand in ANSES and was told that due to new rules, you need a DNI to get a CUIL.

Meaning that foreigners can't get a CUIL now without going through the residency process.

I just went to migraciones yesterday in Córdoba to confirm this, and they said that I have to get a DNI.

Anyone know about this?

Is there any work around to buy land in Argentina now if you don't have a DNI?

Hmm, does anyone have experience buying property with just a CDI? I will ask the escribano.

The escribano says yes, I can use a CDI... hmm cool. My next question is, what the heck is a CDI? I understand so far that I have to get it from AFIP. Is it a quick tramite? Like the sort of thing one can do online, or go into an office and walk out with the same day?

Any insight much appreciated!

It was quick when I got a CDI. 5 minutes after waiting about 90 minutes in line. (That was four years ago though). I've since learned that accountant has an office for contadores. He can get in and out much faster with AFIP.

Buying real estate in Argentina

Argentina Real Estate Ownership Laws
Foreign Ownership of Rural Land in Argentina
Foreigners have the same property rights as locals in Argentina. However for purchases of rural lands a special certificate from the national land registry (Tierra Rurales) is required in order to authorize the sale to a foreign national. For properties located within 40 km of the border, a security clearance needs to be obtained from the interior ministry to allow a foreigner to own and receive the title to the land in the Zona de Frontera during which period, a stamped boleto (registered private contract) will act as de facto “title” that gives the right to the land to the new owner until the actual title is allowed to be issued by the interior ministry.
In order to purchase land in Argentina, you would need a CDI (Tax ID) number (also known as CUIL Number – “Clave Unico de Identificacion Laboral” or CUIT Number – “Clave Unico de Identificacion Tributarial“). A CDI number is normally obtained by the acting notary (escribano). To optain this number on your own you would go to the Federal tax office (AFIP) and give them your passport and address, they will then give you the simple form needed. You will have to complete the form and provide copies of the related documents in order to get your CDI number. Once completed, you will be able to purchase property in Argentina and pay taxes.
http://www.bbiargentina.com/services/buying-real-estate-in-argentina

CDI = CLAVE DE IDENTIFICACION
Form F.663 Solicitud clave de identificacion

Reason for solicitation: escrituras publicas

Part I
surname and name
date of birth / sex
check extranjero and give country of origin
type of document: passaporte and enter number
extranjero: no residente
type of residence: permanente? transitoria? temporaria? precaria?

Part III domicilio - where you live
Street name and number
floor / dept. no.
provincial
localidad: postal code
pais

telephone number / email address

it's a sworn declaration that you date and sign at the bottom.
complete two copies, you receive one stamped by AFIP agency with the number of your CDI
present your original passport and provide a photocopy
It costs nothing to get the CDI.

My CDI number and old passport number were used for the escritura for my apartment.

Hmm, now I'm getting confused. Thank you for that.

Is ANSES the same thing as AFIP?

I went to an ANSES office to get a CUIL (didn't realize it is synonymous with CDI) and as of very recently, I can not go in with just a passport like in the past. When I did so, they said no, I now need to have a DNI. I double checked this with migraciones and they said yes, now you need a DNI for a CUIL.

But if ANSES and AFIP are not the same, could this mean that I could go to AFIP instead and get this number without this new restriction?

Hmm.

ANSES administers payments of social security benefits

AFIP is the Internal Revenue Service that collects taxes

A CDI and CUIT are not the same.

AFIP issues the CDI

ANSES issues the CUIT and CUIL numbers to those who have DNI for residency or citizenship.

Well I will find out and report back for you all in case it helps someone else. All I know is that something just changed, making this harder. My next hope is that AFIP will give me a CDI. If they don't, I'll let you all know.

Back