CDI for foreigners- land property

Asi

Registered
Hi,

I am thinking to buy an apartment in BA. Can I get a CDI number without being fiscally in Argentina? Can someone do it for me?

Yes, you can have the escribano you will use get one for you but you have to fill out a Power of Attorney document and get it Apostillized if you're outside of Argentina. If not, the escribano should be able to get this for you but he/she has to have knowledge of this. Many of my friends and clients have done this.

Hello, thank you for this info.
I am from the U.S., moving to Bariloche in January. Flying to BA and transferring ownership of an Argentinian friend's car to my name, then driving out (have done the drive before). Wondering about steps to get the CDI ahead of time. I have a signed rental contract for the domicilio in Bariloche. Is my first step to find an escribano in Bariloche? Is the apostillized POA something I get here in the States once I have the escribano's name?
From threads I've read on this forum, the CDI is the only item I need to own a car in Argentina. I will investigate insurance next.

Back