Can you help a homeless child?

sergio

Registered
An expat friend sent me the following email which I want to share with BAexpats readers:

"I see Agustin, about 8 years old, in the plaza near my home several times a day. His family is homeless. They spend the day in the plaza. At night someone lets them sleep in a sports club. Despite being homeless, Agustin is a cheerful boy, always smiling. I would like him to have a few Christmas presents to open on the 25th. Would anyone be willing to help out? Here's what I'd like to buy for Agustin:

3 t shirts of different colors; 1 pair of shorts for the summer; and 1 fun gift so he knows Santa Claus is out there. Also maybe a chocolate bar or pan dulce, luxuries Agustin and his family seldom ever eat.

I would be happy to pick up any gift and give it to him on the 25th or, since they are there in the plaza all day, to introduce you (Mexico and Ave. Jujuy)."

If you know of anyone who would like to give him a gift, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the friend who is trying to help out. Just send me a PM.

pernillesch said:
Hi. I would love to help out. Let me know what to get. BR Pernille
me too,although I live in San Isidro. I would love to give this young boy some xmas cheer:)

We can collect a little money on Friday night for this purpose

My holiday experience is usually listening to Bagpipes drinking Whiskey and crying to the end of Blackadder goes Forth in some misunderstood, self-permissible way that comes once a year.

I think I would just scare the kids.

Crikey, I sound like Archie.

Lee, yes there are a LOT of kids in this situation and whatever you or anyone else can do will be appreciated. The boy I wrote about is someone who is personally known to the friend of mine who has taken a personal interest. This is a particular case that has touched his life and he would like some help if possible. Remember there are also parents. If anyone wants to help out, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll explain how you could help. Thanks.

I can give a pan dulce. Last year we ended up with 5 of them and ate exactly 0 of them. LOL.

Back