Canadian Tourist Stabbed in San Telmo for Cellular

Nothing you can do against motochorros if they target you they will ride over the sidewalk and attack you from behind , day or night ... hope for the best..
I was waiting for the 152 bus on Alem coming from San Telmo at 11 pm. suddenly out of the bushes behind us comes sort of bum with a knife, when miraculously the bus pulls up, we were saved by the Bell.. Never Again will I wander at night in the Alem Independencia Area...:eek::eek:

Do you think the majority of cellphones are being stolen from the locals or visitors, or just whenever they see an opportunity to steal a phone? Sounds like there is a hot market for cellphones.

The motochorros attack mostly at night when they are out of booze and drugs , to keep partying , they need more cash..! I wonder where they get the cash for the stolen cellphones at 4 am.? for a recent Iphone they may get over 5000 pesos at the pawnshop, or dealer. Enough for many grams.
They don't steal for food!

11,000 people where attacked by motochorros during 2018. Or 31 attacks per day .... aprox.

Back