Car rental in Caba

Mondongo

Registered
I am planning to rent a car with automatic transmission for a few days. I have never rented a car in Argentina. I am already familiar with what some of the car rental companies offer in terms of vehicles and pricing. I wonder if there are any particular car rental local customs I should be aware of, and I would appreciate learning from others' experiences.

If you can find one sure. Manual transmissions seem to be the most common. You can rent cars at Aeroparque no problem. Parking in the city is a pain, brush up on those parallel parking skills, cars don't seem to have backup cameras here either. Just bring a passport and your drivers license, they don't care if it's a foreign drivers license.

On that note, if anyone knows how to rent a car on a monthly or longer basis I'd be all ears, rentals from the normal rental car companies are quite expensive actually

The new fiat cronos is made with a CVT automatic tranny, and since its made in Argentina and inexpensive many rental places may have one. We rented one last year, not a bad little 4 door. But other than that, I have never seen automatics for rent from any place we have rented from, in either Argentina or Uruguay. Automatics are very very rare here.

We have used this company multiple times for over ten years. They deliver the car to your location, and we have always gotten newish, trouble free cars from them. Small, responsive and nice.
There is not a very big market for car rentals in Argentina so most prices are similar and higher than you see in North America or Europe.

I've rented an automatic Corolla in Hertz a couple of times, not that hard to come by. Prefer Hertz as they are very easy to deal with, very much like in europe and they have daily and hourly rates, so if you rent for 3 days and 1 hour you;ll pay 3 daily and 1 hourly rate, love that.

Why not simplify your life by using an Uber and eliminate the expense for gasoline and parking? Rush hour traffic looks like parking lots.

I’ve used central, baires and rentasol.
All are ok, pretty fair with damages and fines etc.

Most have automatic options but cost you quite a bit more than the basic.

Only trouble you will have renting a car is during height of summer - December to March you might find options limited.

Back