Car rental in Caba

On that note, if anyone knows how to rent a car on a monthly or longer basis I'd be all ears, rentals from the normal rental car companies are quite expensive actually
Grieta ,,, 🤣

Renting a car for 3 months will cost the price of a brand new 0km of the same car.

Last edited:
On that note, if anyone knows how to rent a car on a monthly or longer basis I'd be all ears, rentals from the normal rental car companies are quite expensive actually
Let me know if you find anything interesting. I need one for 3 months and the best I could find is above $1500/month. Localiza says they have monthly discounts but I'm yet to see if they're any good, their site only mentions them but fails to offer.

Rental car usuage in Argentina, for a population of about 40 million people, is about 5 million rentals per year.
In the USA, with about 330 million people, is over 300 million rentals per year.
thats according to what I can find online at Statista.

in both cases, some of those renters included tourists from out of the country.
The USA saw around 80 million tourists, and tourists to the USA usually spend a fair amount of money.
Argentina saw around 7 million tourists, with a bit over 10% of those from the USA and Europe, and the vast majority were from Chile, Brazil, and Uruguay. And of that 7 million, an amazing 85% came for a single day. Daytrippers from neighboring countries are unlikely to be renting cars...

If its true, it means that per capita, rental car usage is something like 16 times as high in the US, and my guess is that its similar in europe.
Which means the industry is more profitable, more competitive, and prices are lower.
Hence the higher prices and lower selection here.

I am planning to rent a car with automatic transmission for a few days. I have never rented a car in Argentina. I am already familiar with what some of the car rental companies offer in terms of vehicles and pricing. I wonder if there are any particular car rental local customs I should be aware of, and I would appreciate learning from others' experiences.
Check the airports, they sometimes have more companies, better selection, and are willing to compete for your business.

Make a quick video walk around with your phone of the outside and inside of the car before departing. It will help if you notice a ding later and aren't sure if it was there before. Pay attention to the tire tread depth if you plan on driving through inclement weather. Lots of summer storms driving through the pampa regions.

I have found that rentals here give you only a quarter tank to get you off the lot. Don't expect a refund if you return it with a full tank.

Check the airports, they sometimes have more companies, better selection, and are willing to compete for your business.

Make a quick video walk around with your phone of the outside and inside of the car before departing. It will help if you notice a ding later and aren't sure if it was there before. Pay attention to the tire tread depth if you plan on driving through inclement weather. Lots of summer storms driving through the pampa regions.

I have found that rentals here give you only a quarter tank to get you off the lot. Don't expect a refund if you return it with a full tank.
Good advice the video. Thank you.

And be mindful that driving in CABA is like something out of Mad Max. Probably the second-worst on the continent. If you're not used to it, I would suggest comprehensive insurance and a dashcam.

And be mindful that driving in CABA is like something out of Mad Max. Probably the second-worst on the continent. If you're not used to it, I would suggest comprehensive insurance and a dashcam.
To be honest I have found the driving here totally manageable (though I have a lot of experience driving in developing countries). I'd even say when you're on the highway in the province, driving manners are excellent. There's no left lane hogging, and people will pass and then get over to the right. That's unheard of in the US.

The only challenge in the city is street parking, most cars are manual transmissions and without a backup camera so it can be challenging to parallel park constantly, but you'll get the hang of it

To be honest I have found the driving here totally manageable (though I have a lot of experience driving in developing countries). I'd even say when you're on the highway in the province, driving manners are excellent. There's no left lane hogging, and people will pass and then get over to the right. That's unheard of in the US.

The only challenge in the city is street parking, most cars are manual transmissions and without a backup camera so it can be challenging to parallel park constantly, but you'll get the hang of it
You must be young or rich or both. I've never even seen a backup camera. I didn't know that was a thing. It's easy to learn to parallel park without one.

Back