Carrying cash through airports

nlaruccia said:
I'm actually curious if anyone knows if there are scanners in Ezeiza that can actually detect money hidden in your clothes if you do bring in more than the $10,000 limit.

I don't go through scanners in BA. And you must be crazy to give the Aduanas excess to your cash

Just convert it to 500 euro bills and bring as much as you have to in your pockets

nlaruccia said:
I'm actually curious if anyone knows if there are scanners in Ezeiza that can actually detect money hidden in your clothes if you do bring in more than the $10,000 limit.

Nah, your person isn't examined at Customs, only your baggage gets screened. They'll likely notice a bulging wad on the U.S. side, though, either through the body scan machine or the very thorough pat-down.

starlucia said:
Nah, your person isn't examined at Customs, only your baggage gets screened. They'll likely notice a bulging wad on the U.S. side, though, either through the body scan machine or the very thorough pat-down.

10.000 dollar = 12/13 500 euro bills

They will definitly not notice that, 100 100-dollar bills might be a different story though

Barney said:
10.000 dollar = 12/13 500 euro bills

They will definitly not notice that, 100 100-dollar bills might be a different story though

Have you been through U.S. security since they went body-scanner crazy? The last time I got patted down at MIA, they made me strip down to my tank top and were so "thorough" probing through my pockets and my waistband that they would have noticed a stick of chewing gum. So I'm just saying, declare on the US side, since they'll probably see it anyway. Ezeiza's a whole other story...

starlucia said:
Have you been through U.S. security since they went body-scanner crazy? The last time I got patted down at MIA, they made me strip down to my tank top and were so "thorough" probing through my pockets and my waistband that they would have noticed a stick of chewing gum. So I'm just saying, declare on the US side, since they'll probably see it anyway. Ezeiza's a whole other story...

He is asking about EZE, why you start talking about the US is beyond me

I had a couple grand in USD when I last flew from ARG to the states. Guy noticed the mone when patting me down asked me to pull it out, I did, he asked me if it was more than 10k, I said no, he let me go on my way.

When flying into Argentina, I always put my stash of bills in my shoes. Very unlikely they will notice or that you'll be robbed.

Back