Cash

Greetings. I will be arriving in BA soon. I plan to take cash to avoid the ATM problem. What do casas cambios charge to convert dollars to pesos? I understand that there are a lots of conterfit $100.00 bills floarting around and that it is difficult to cash them.
Craig

windy

When you come through Ezieza airport do not use the money changing kiosks.They are a ripoff and a disgrace.Carry on until you reach the area where the taxi drivers are waiting with thier boards and veer around to the right. You will see a banco de la Nacion where you can change your U$S for a good honest rate.
Also in the micro center in downtown BA you can use any of the banks and get an honest rate and genuine money.

Drucifer.
Maybe you don't mind paying 6% to get you own money and only 300 pesos at a time. I manage my money very carefully, maybe thats why I can afford to travel without financial worry.
Craig

"runner" said:
Drucifer.
Maybe you don't mind paying 6% to get you own money and only 300 pesos at a time. I manage my money very carefully, maybe thats why I can afford to travel without financial worry.
Craig
6%? I thought atms were like 1-3%.

"Elpanada" said:
6%? I thought atms were like 1-3%.
I guess you need to find a bank that charges you 6 dollars for each withdrawal and stick with it forewer. It is the only way to manage your money very carefully :) .

My bank Washinton Mutual charges $5US for any international transactions plus having to pay exchange rate, do the math. Henryb do you have a local bank account? Tell me how I can make a international transaction and only pay 1% - 3% then I'll think you are smart, not a smart ass.
Craig

I'd rather stay a smart ass. If you want to become one - get another bank account.
It may sound mind boggling to you, but there are banks that not charge you 5 bucks, but give you 1.50 reward when you use a foreign ATM.

Hola.
What can anybody tell me about American Express Traveler Checks, easy of cashing, fees. My apartment owner will only accept dollars or euros.