Caveman diet

perry

Registered
This is a post to be able to connect with other expats who are on a 100% no carb diet for health and weight loss . I am very interested in optimal health due to some health problems that were caused by the typical Argentinian diet of high sugar , high carb, and low fat . My current weight is 77 kilos at 174 cm and my goal is 67 kilos in 60 days. I am a great believer in fasting and have practiced water fasting for long periods four times since 2016 . My highest weight was 107 kilos in 2015 due to diet .

I reset my body by water fasting in a small isolated village in Patagonia and lost 24 kilos in 35 days just on water and a little himalayan sea salt for minerals . Now many might find this extreme but for me it was a turning point in regaining my health and losing weight ( I was obese due to the standard argentinian diet of facturas, milanesas , and pasta ). I am a great admirer of the american Dr Herbert M Shelton famous for his natural hygiene movement and fasting principles .

Last edited:
I started a no carb diet 11 days ago. My weight then was 66 kg at 173cm and my goal is 59 kg. In the first four days I was down 2 kg which I’m sure is due to water loss. I’ve done this before and it works great. My problem too was the high sugar high carb Argentine foods! When I lived in the states I never ate like that and had no weight issues.

I exercise, cardio and weights, every day. Last week was hell on my muscles which I assume is due to muscle fatigue due to coming off carbs and probably an electrolyte deficit.

I eat as much as I can of meat and veggies at about noon and then do it again at about 6 PM and then just drink water until noon the next day. Due to fatigue and muscle weakness I’ve had to add calcium, potassium, and magnesium supplements. I’ve also added spinach and avocados to my diet to help.

Let me know if you have any pointers. I would appreciate it! And good luck to you!

I started a no carb diet 11 days ago. My weight then was 66 kg at 173cm and my goal is 59 kg. In the first four days I was down 2 kg which I’m sure is due to water loss. I’ve done this before and it works great. My problem too was the high sugar high carb Argentine foods! When I lived in the states I never ate like that and had no weight issues.

I exercise, cardio and weights, every day. Last week was hell on my muscles which I assume is due to muscle fatigue due to coming off carbs and probably an electrolyte deficit.

I eat as much as I can of meat and veggies at about noon and then do it again at about 6 PM and then just drink water until noon the next day. Due to fatigue and muscle weakness I’ve had to add calcium, potassium, and magnesium supplements. I’ve also added spinach and avocados to my diet to help.

Let me know if you have any pointers. I would appreciate it! And good luck to you!

I am on a stricter diet and avoid most vegetables due to their difficulty in digesting. Fatigue can be easily overcome on a paleo diet by consuming more organ meats ie. Liver and sweetbreads are very high in useable vitamins ( much better asimilation than fruits) Fat is essential also as it is the best fuel source on this diet. I recommend fattier cuts of red meat and little chicken and fish.

Regarding water its not a good idea to drink too much as it can flush out a lot of potassium and electrolytes from the system. I used to drink 2 to 3 litres per day. I have at most now 1 litre of pure spring water per day with a half a teaspoon of himalaya seasalts.This has given me better results

I am on a stricter diet and avoid most vegetables due to their difficulty in digesting. Fatigue can be easily overcome on a paleo diet by consuming more organ meats ie. Liver and sweetbreads are very high in useable vitamins ( much better asimilation than fruits) Fat is essential also as it is the best fuel source on this diet. I recommend fattier cuts of red meat and little chicken and fish.

Regarding water its not a good idea to drink too much as it can flush out a lot of potassium and electrolytes from the system. I used to drink 2 to 3 litres per day. I have at most now 1 litre of pure spring water per day with a half a teaspoon of himalaya seasalts.This has given me better results

All good Perry. But supplement with fibre ( fruits or veggies or flax/chia etc)..else you will get constipation.

All good Perry. But supplement with fibre ( fruits or veggies or flax/chia etc)..else you will get constipation.

To be frank all very good. I actually find not having fibre much healthier and much less indigestion

Which pure spring water do you have?

The best natural mineral waters in Argentina for flavour and purity is Virgen or Palau

I have been on a low carb diet, not as strict as yours Perry, for most of 2018. I lost some weight ( 7-8 kg ) and never feel hungry. I eat plenty of protein, some dairy, some fruit and more vegetables. I also include some nuts and oatmeal for breakfast. It is not meant to cause ketosis. I try a keto diet a few years ago, never hungry, lost weight fast but was feeling crappy, constipated, headaches and had been warned that it is really hard on your kidneys. I am trying to add some ferments to my diet such as natto ( Japanese fermented soybeans ). I wish fish was more affordable, as it is my favorite. I have started some light cardio ( stationary bike 30 mins a day ). I will get my annual checkup soon, and hope to see some improvements ( my precious was not bad really: blood sugar was fine, cholesterol was within the normal range, triglycerides were fine but I have high blood pressure.

Out of curiosity, why do you all say the Argentine diet affected your health? Most ingredients to cook from scratch are the same and available? I always thought that there were more processed and unhealthy options in the US?

Out of curiosity, why do you all say the Argentine diet affected your health? Most ingredients to cook from scratch are the same and available? I always thought that there were more processed and unhealthy options in the US?

I cook from scratch in England and I cook from scratch in Argentina and I tend to lose weight in Argentina. But then my idea of traditional Argentine cuisine is the Doña Petrona cook book.

I have been on a low carb diet, not as strict as yours Perry, for most of 2018. I lost some weight ( 7-8 kg ) and never feel hungry. I eat plenty of protein, some dairy, some fruit and more vegetables. I also include some nuts and oatmeal for breakfast. It is not meant to cause ketosis. I try a keto diet a few years ago, never hungry, lost weight fast but was feeling crappy, constipated, headaches and had been warned that it is really hard on your kidneys. I am trying to add some ferments to my diet such as natto ( Japanese fermented soybeans ). I wish fish was more affordable, as it is my favorite. I have started some light cardio ( stationary bike 30 mins a day ). I will get my annual checkup soon, and hope to see some improvements ( my precious was not bad really: blood sugar was fine, cholesterol was within the normal range, triglycerides were fine but I have high blood pressure.

Firstly let me address your comments on feeling crappy . This is normal for the first weeks as sugar accumulated in your body is not being fed and this creates a detoxification effect . If you had waited this period out for a month you would have felt fabolous . Constipation for most carnivore is very rare . Many people associate many bowel movements per day due to excessive fibre intake as healthy when the reality is that the fibre is just cleaning out your large intestine and your body is not utilizing the nutrients in the food . I have found people who are strictly vegan are the most unhealthy as they are literally starving of nutrients .
I certainly do not agree that the food in the west is more toxic than Argentina as in the USA or Australia you have tremendous variety of organic and grass fed meat. This is not possible in Argentina as any simple search via internet will show you that in Buenos Aires only 3 butchers can certify grass fed meat for sale . This is a disgrace for a country that prides itself on its beef industry . Nikad did you know that in Argentina uses more pesticides on its products that anywhere in the world . The soil of the North of Argentina is poisonous and this has a huge effect on peoples heath . I find that older people in Argentina are very unwell with very high levels of cancer, diabetes, and obesity . Look at these links and documentaries and you will be suprised

https://www.sertox.com.ar/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=11452

http://www.sustentator.com/blog-es/...mo-la-industria-alimentaria-nos-esta-matando/

Last edited:
Back