Restaurants - Dietary Restrictions/Allergies

julia_en_ruta

Registered
I have a friend coming to visit later this year who, for health reasons, can't eat garlic or onions (or leeks, or shallots, etc.). She can eat food that's been prepared in the same kitchen, but can't eat food that has those vegetables in it. Any advice on restaurants that might be able to accommodate that?

I have a friend coming to visit later this year who, for health reasons, can't eat garlic or onions (or leeks, or shallots, etc.). She can eat food that's been prepared in the same kitchen, but can't eat food that has those vegetables in it. Any advice on restaurants that might be able to accommodate that?

Depending on the price point you are looking for, most of the fine dining and touristy restaurants are very cognizant of allergies. I have a severe (and unfortunate) allergy to cinnamon, which seems to be sprinkled randomly in dishes/cocktails/coffee in nice restaurants. Nearly every restaurant I’ve visited here has been very good, if not overly cautious with this and will make delicious alternative dishes for me in a group setting. Haven’t encountered an issue in 5 years here.

Back