Caveman diet

To be clear, I do not advocate the keto diet long-term. There is too much fat and protein which can be hard on kidneys and heuse it to take off the weight that I have stupidly gained over a period of time. It puts me back on track by taking carbohydrates out of the mix, which I tend to over load on in Argentina. I don’t think the food here is any better or worse than in the US, it’s just that I am more inclined to eat facturas here whereas in the US I was not.

I don’t eat processed foods neither here nor there and I essentially cook everything at home except for the occasional steak at a parilla.

Finally some sanity!

As a short , medically supervised intervention, for obesity for example, ketosis based diets could be beneficial.

For medium and long-term use, they significantly increase biological (and psychological , though that's another issue) risks , and therefore health outcomes from a multitude of very well known and understood pathological mechanisms.

So as a 'lifestyle' it's a pretty bad idea.

Cheers!

As one of the articles points out, almost certainly yes. This is yet another reason why the marketing 'logic' is misconceived.

The biggest risk to people is eating only veggies as there is little protein. Iron. B12. And a myriad of other minerals that are not available in non meat products. By the way fruit sparingly is healthy but most vegetables and health foods that people eat including soy are damaging to human health.

Soy is a poison and uses the highest amount of chemicals and pesticides in the world to produce it.

Last edited:
Doesn't caveman usually include veggies and fruit?
Real caveman diets are 80 to 90 percent meat and fish with all its fat intact. The rest is fruit in season and very few vegetables that are digestible. No processed foods. No sugar. No alcohol. Just water when thirsty

Real caveman diets are 80 to 90 percent meat and fish with all its fat intact. The rest is fruit in season and very few vegetables that are digestible. No processed foods. No sugar. No alcohol. Just water when thirsty

Firstly, that's wrong, secondly, our digestive systems have evolved significantly since we were cavemen with life expectancies of 30/40 years.

Though it looks like some people's brains haven't evolved to read and and understand science yet.

Please read the links I posted... :x

Firstly, that's wrong, secondly, our digestive systems have evolved significantly since we were cavemen with life expectancies of 30/40 years.

Though it looks like some people's brains haven't evolved to read and and understand science yet.

Thanks for the laugh
N

There is

You mention that caveman lived for only 30 years where is your scientific proof? The amazonian indians who main diet was animal meat and little fruit had a very high life span. Now on a mainly carb diet their life spans have been halved

There is

You mention that caveman lived for only 30 years where is your scientific proof? The amazonian indians who main diet was animal meat and little fruit had a very high life span. Now on a mainly carb diet their life spans have been halved

Wow, really? You do know Google exists, right?

On second blush, actually, your right, the average life expectancy for palaeolithic man was 33, my figures of 30/40 were misleadingly high, apologies. ^^

Screenshot_20181026-151942.png

Thanks for the laugh
N

You sprout comments without any scientific proof to back up anything. Tell me something if meat was so bad for you why is Hong Kong the longest living population on earth with the highest meat consumption on the planet?

You sprout comments without any scientific proof to back up anything. Tell me something if meat was so bad for you why is Hong Kong the longest living population on earth with the highest meat consumption on the planet?

You keep cherry picking random disparate facts, desperately clutching at straws like a madman with glazed eyes.

I've posted well researched and backed up specific points already. You ignore all of them and then say I'm the one who isn't being scientific?

You are disengenuous sir.

For now I'm done with you as engaging any further seems unproductive .

Cheers!

You keep cherry picking random disparate facts, desperately clutching at straws like a madman with glazed eyes.

I've posted well researched and backed up specific points already. You ignore all of them and then say I'm the one who isn't being scientific?

You are disengenuous sir.

For now I'm done with you as engaging any further seems unproductive .

Cheers!

As always you cannot answer any facts and you try to detour the conversation with titbits and propaganda. Good luck to you!!!

Back