CDI/Opening Bank Account Account

bocagirl

Registered
Hi all,

I have a question. I currently have a cuil and dni, and the dni is set to expire in Dec., if i do not have another job in blanco by then. However, I was wondering does the Cuil expire??? I believe I can still be hired with a Cuil alone, but i am not sure if it expires at the same time as my DNI.

Thanks for the help!
 

jimdepalermo

Registered
mini said:
You do not need a DNI to get a CUIL/CUIT. I have one & don't have a DNI yet.
Please give us details, Mini. I've asked this questions of Contadores and AFIP personnel, and they've told me otherwise.

Did you get a CUIT or a CUIL? What did you need it for? How did you do it?

thanks in advance!
 

mini

Registered
jimdepalermo said:
Please give us details, Mini. I've asked this questions of Contadores and AFIP personnel, and they've told me otherwise.

Did you get a CUIT or a CUIL? What did you need it for? How did you do it?

thanks in advance!
Don't know what details you want & I can't tell you why the people you spoke to told you differently.

You don't get your CUIL at AFIP. You get it at ANSES.

The ANSES site has a list of offices in CF. Find your closest one and go there with your precaria and passport. You don't need an appointment.
http://www.anses.gob.ar

You're welcome! ;)
 

jimdepalermo

Registered
Thanks, mini.

The usual CUIL is 2 digits followed by your DNI, plus a check digit. I'm curious what they used for the DNI part of the number. Is it your CDI?

Also, what documentation did they ask you to produce?
 

mini

Registered
jimdepalermo said:
Thanks, mini.

The usual CUIL is 2 digits followed by your DNI, plus a check digit. I'm curious what they used for the DNI part of the number. Is it your CDI?

Also, what documentation did they ask you to produce?
I don't have a DNI nor a CDI. I assume they issued a random number. I didn't ask them how they came up with the number.

As I said above, I brought my passport & my precaria. Those are the pieces I remember being asked for. Since I always take my whole folder of documents with me, I would have had my BC, marriage cert, or other docs if they wanted them. I don't remember them for anything else besides precaria & passport. But don't quote me. It was almost a year ago (Nov 2008) and I was doing a lot of other paperwork around that time.

I looked on their site but I can't find any reference to what documents they will need.

But, I know if you search this site, you will find more information and you'll find other people who also have their CUIL/T before their DNI since you don't seem to believe me. ;)
 

katti

Registered
jimdepalermo said:
The CUIL and CUIT are based on your DNI number, so obtaining them are impossible until you get some sort of resident's visa and a DNI.
My husband has a QUIT and no DNI. With the QUIT he opened a bank account.
 

Maikito

Registered
As long as you have a residency (temporary o permanent) you can get the CUIL. As soon as I was granted the residency I took it to ANSES with my passport and I was given a CUIL.
 

odyssea

Registered
I got my CUIL today. Does this mean that I already have a DNI?



jimdepalermo said:
The CDI is basically a junk number to identify people who don't [yet] qualify for a CUIL or a CUIT (the official Tax Id's, equivalent to social security numbers or employer tax id's in the US).

Basically, you can't register anything here - property, automobile, etc. - without some form of ID number, and the CDI is the lowest form of ID they recognize.

In order to work legally, you need a CUIL. In order to employ people or pay taxes other than basic employment withholdings, you need a CUIT.

The CUIL and CUIT are based on your DNI number, so obtaining them are impossible until you get some sort of resident's visa and a DNI.

The CDI is a more random number than can be issued to anyone.
 

odyssea

Registered
mini said:
You do not need a DNI to get a CUIL/CUIT. I have one & don't have a DNI yet.
The DNI is important to open a bank account....and for what other reason? Can the CUIL number be used in its place for most identification functions? Is there a reason why it should not be used for this purpose?
 

odyssea

Registered
mini said:
Don't know what details you want & I can't tell you why the people you spoke to told you differently.

You don't get your CUIL at AFIP. You get it at ANSES.

The ANSES site has a list of offices in CF. Find your closest one and go there with your precaria and passport. You don't need an appointment.
http://www.anses.gob.ar

You're welcome! ;)
Yes I did this today. Needed Precaria, passport, and a couple of copies of the first and last entry in passport. No money, which was surprising. The whole process took less than one hour.
 
Top