CDI/Opening Bank Account Account

Hi all,

I have a question. I currently have a cuil and dni, and the dni is set to expire in Dec., if i do not have another job in blanco by then. However, I was wondering does the Cuil expire??? I believe I can still be hired with a Cuil alone, but i am not sure if it expires at the same time as my DNI.

Thanks for the help!

mini said:
You do not need a DNI to get a CUIL/CUIT. I have one & don't have a DNI yet.

Please give us details, Mini. I've asked this questions of Contadores and AFIP personnel, and they've told me otherwise.

Did you get a CUIT or a CUIL? What did you need it for? How did you do it?

thanks in advance!

jimdepalermo said:
Please give us details, Mini. I've asked this questions of Contadores and AFIP personnel, and they've told me otherwise.

Did you get a CUIT or a CUIL? What did you need it for? How did you do it?

thanks in advance!

Don't know what details you want & I can't tell you why the people you spoke to told you differently.

You don't get your CUIL at AFIP. You get it at ANSES.

The ANSES site has a list of offices in CF. Find your closest one and go there with your precaria and passport. You don't need an appointment.
http://www.anses.gob.ar

You're welcome! ;)

Thanks, mini.

The usual CUIL is 2 digits followed by your DNI, plus a check digit. I'm curious what they used for the DNI part of the number. Is it your CDI?

Also, what documentation did they ask you to produce?

jimdepalermo said:
Thanks, mini.

The usual CUIL is 2 digits followed by your DNI, plus a check digit. I'm curious what they used for the DNI part of the number. Is it your CDI?

Also, what documentation did they ask you to produce?

I don't have a DNI nor a CDI. I assume they issued a random number. I didn't ask them how they came up with the number.

As I said above, I brought my passport & my precaria. Those are the pieces I remember being asked for. Since I always take my whole folder of documents with me, I would have had my BC, marriage cert, or other docs if they wanted them. I don't remember them for anything else besides precaria & passport. But don't quote me. It was almost a year ago (Nov 2008) and I was doing a lot of other paperwork around that time.

I looked on their site but I can't find any reference to what documents they will need.

But, I know if you search this site, you will find more information and you'll find other people who also have their CUIL/T before their DNI since you don't seem to believe me. ;)

jimdepalermo said:
The CUIL and CUIT are based on your DNI number, so obtaining them are impossible until you get some sort of resident's visa and a DNI.

My husband has a QUIT and no DNI. With the QUIT he opened a bank account.

As long as you have a residency (temporary o permanent) you can get the CUIL. As soon as I was granted the residency I took it to ANSES with my passport and I was given a CUIL.

I got my CUIL today. Does this mean that I already have a DNI?

jimdepalermo said:
The CDI is basically a junk number to identify people who don't [yet] qualify for a CUIL or a CUIT (the official Tax Id's, equivalent to social security numbers or employer tax id's in the US).

Basically, you can't register anything here - property, automobile, etc. - without some form of ID number, and the CDI is the lowest form of ID they recognize.

In order to work legally, you need a CUIL. In order to employ people or pay taxes other than basic employment withholdings, you need a CUIT.

The CUIL and CUIT are based on your DNI number, so obtaining them are impossible until you get some sort of resident's visa and a DNI.

The CDI is a more random number than can be issued to anyone.

mini said:
You do not need a DNI to get a CUIL/CUIT. I have one & don't have a DNI yet.

The DNI is important to open a bank account....and for what other reason? Can the CUIL number be used in its place for most identification functions? Is there a reason why it should not be used for this purpose?

mini said:
Don't know what details you want & I can't tell you why the people you spoke to told you differently.

You don't get your CUIL at AFIP. You get it at ANSES.

The ANSES site has a list of offices in CF. Find your closest one and go there with your precaria and passport. You don't need an appointment.
http://www.anses.gob.ar

You're welcome! ;)

Yes I did this today. Needed Precaria, passport, and a couple of copies of the first and last entry in passport. No money, which was surprising. The whole process took less than one hour.

Back