Cell Phone...Blackberry, Iphone or cheapest

Che Boludo

Registered
I´ve been in Argentina for a few months and can see myself staying here for atleast another year. I have residencia precaria and CUIT and am about to get my DNI and bank account, so it wouldnt be hard to set up a long term phone contract. Seeing all the chetos with blackberrys and the advantage of BBM, I´m thinking about buying a Blackberry from Craigslist in the US and having my friend carrying it down here for me.
Also, I have the option of my friend bringing my old Iphone 2.0 down here, which I would have to Jailbreak. Anybody have a jailbroken Iphone here?

So, wondering what would be best, Blackberry (prob with movistar), jailbroken Iphone or my cheap phone that nobody wants to steal?

Thanks

IMO. It depends on what you like! Just be aware that it if you use nice things in public that you need to be aware of your surroundings. Also that you are always aware of its location ie front right pocket.

My unlocked I phone 3 works fine here. But I almost never take it out in public areas. Just slipped a sims card in for here and used wifi. Good luck

Since you can qualify(DNI,etc) for a plan with Movistar,etc then I would get the Blackberry which they offer with the plan.
They,also offer the insurance should someone steal the phone.
The only effective way to use the unlocked/jailbroken phones is to get a plan anyway, since the pay as you go plans are not cost effective with data charges.

Back