Cepo cambiario

funny story. i had a bank account with a debit card. i used to go to the cueva change dollars at 12 to 1. i would go deposit it in my account, use the debit card in the us and it would convert ar 8 to 1 offical rate. those were the days. thats argentina 😂😂
That's still possible now. You'll get around $1,060 per dollar selling to a cave, and if you pay for stuff abroad with your debit card you'll be charged $744 (be sure to use your debit card as credit cards will use the value of the dollar on the date your statement closes). It's like a 35% off sale on everything thanks to the Ks refusing to unify the exchange rates. ✌️

That's still possible now. You'll get around $1,060 per dollar selling to a cave, and if you pay for stuff abroad with your debit card you'll be charged $744 (be sure to use your debit card as credit cards will use the value of the dollar on the date your statement closes). It's like a 35% off sale on everything thanks to the Ks refusing to unify the exchange rates. ✌️

$744 was good while it lasted. Now you’ll get charged $948.

They must have seen my post lol, as of midnight last night the "dolar tarjeta" was updated to be now 155% of the BNA compra rate.

The delusion is insane. If 155% of taxes doesn't prove the BNA dollar is a lie, then I don't know what will.

Back