Cepo cambiario

Summer

Registered
I'll be back in BA soon after Milei is sworn in. Do I still need to bring cash? I'm wondering what the currency control situation will be once Milei is in office. It sure was nice for a few years under Macri when I could use ATMs and get the correct exchange rate.

I'll be back in BA soon after Milei is sworn in. Do I still need to bring cash? I'm wondering what the currency control situation will be once Milei is in office. It sure was nice for a few years under Macri when I could use ATMs and get the correct exchange rate.}

Bring Cash..! Crystal Balls are not able to predict the currency controls when Milei is in Office

Why hasn't the peso been devalued yet? I figured they would let it slip immediately after the election.

Why hasn't the peso been devalued yet? I figured they would let it slip immediately after the election.
Well, for one, Monday was a holiday, and 2, they don't want to play in to Milei saying they're trying to tank his presidency before he's even sworn in

I'll be back in BA soon after Milei is sworn in. Do I still need to bring cash? I'm wondering what the currency control situation will be once Milei is in office. It sure was nice for a few years under Macri when I could use ATMs and get the correct exchange rate.

Yes, for the love of god, bring as many crisp new 100 dollar bills of the latest series as you possibly can.

Why on earth would you want to withdrawal cash pesos from the atm here in Argentina? You are losing half or more of your purchasing power.

Why on earth would you want to withdrawal cash pesos from the atm here in Argentina? You are losing half or more of your purchasing power.
ATMs give the official govt rate. The Blue peso rate is much higher.
Using my U.S. debit card, I get the preferential rate for tourists.
The OP is talking about what happened when Macri was president, from Dec, 2015 until Oct, 2019 (when Macri's administration agreed to reinstate the "cepo"), when there was no dollar blue. The official rate was the rate. There wasn't any other. So you could use your foreign cards for everything, including the ATMs (although with the horrendous ATM fees).

Back