Certificado Penales For A Repented Permatourist

glasgowjohn

Registered
One of my buddies has decided to go legit.

The problem is he hasnt really lived anywhere for the last 5 years except in Bs As . Can he get a local certificado de penales to get his Residencia.

He has an Argentine kid , and hasnt killed anyone recently, so the residencia is almost automatic , I understand.

Thanks in advance foryour info.

One of my buddies has decided to go legit.The problem is he hasnt really lived anywhere for the last 5 years except in Bs As . Can he get a local certificado de penales to get his Residencia.

If he hasn't lived in any other country for more than one year in the past three he should only need the certificado de penales to get his Residencia.

If he hasn't lived in any other country for more than one year in the past three he should only need the certificado de penales to get his Residencia.

Careful with this one. I had the same thing and they gave me nothing but problems. They tried adding up every single time I left the country over 7 years to get me over the 12 months mark, even though it wasn't consecutive. In the end, they just admitted it didn't matter what the law said...they wanted both sets of criminal background checks and they weren't going to do anything outside the box even though they agreed the law was on my side.

You can read my account of it in other threads...but tread carefully on this one.

As long as he's been here for 3 years, he *shouldn't* need anything but his certificate from Argentina. I just helped a friend with this in the last year and no problems (she also had an Arg kid). She was here pretty much consistently though for the past 5 years with just one trip a year or so out of Arg for a short period (like 1-2 weeks) per year so maybe that helped.

Of course all things depend on the official that day but your friend should make sure he has all his docs but try with just the Arg report.

Also - FYI - although it said your original birth cert is required (apostilled/translated) - that wasn't true in my friends case (applying as parent of Arg kid).

There is a DNM "memo" that states the birth certificate is no required anymore.
If you were 2 years without travelling, then reinbcidencia is enough.

I just did my papers this week and tried to convince the migraciones (in Bariloche) of this/their rule. I spent less than 6 months in my 'home' country over the past 5 years and more than 4 years in Argentina (have my family here). I brought my antecedentes de Argentina and had brought my antecedentes from Europe as well, just in case (with Apostille).

They said that even though I was here most of the time, officially I was a tourist and therefore living somewhere else (!). Which makes actually sense, a case can be made for either way.

Anyway, as I only had the Euro/English version, I needed to have it translated, but they were nicely enough to start the process, under my promise to have it translated and delivered within 30 days.

Back