Certificate of domicile

I must be missing something. Every time I've gotten a certificado de domicilio, I just went to my local police station ("comisaria") with my passport, and gave them my address. They visited my apartment a few days later and gave me the certificado. The last 2 times I went (in 2018 and 2019), it was even easier. They let me show them bank statements ("extractos") showing my address, and they gave me the certificado on the spot, without even a visit. Here's my previous post about it: https://baexpats.org/threads/dni-question.11565/page-2#post-366203

steveinbsas....
One is the ABL (or the city property tax) and I believe you can pay that yourself at any rapipago or pago facil location as well as some banks/.

The rapipago/pagofacil locations will only accept the ABL payment if the amount is under $3500 pesos. For properties located in CABA, if the amount is higher, it must be paid at any branch of Banco Ciudad.
Quizás I think is the word in Spanish, but I think I stumbled on another explanation today, looking further into the Radex information page, in their list of "Tasas para Tramitación de Residencias" page there are two 300 peso items listed. One is for DNI, the other under TASA CERTIFICADO DE REINCIDENCIA and is for "Trámite con Atención Preferencial". This is the payment when elected that transports you away from the process taking 90 days, to the process that says managing things "as soon as possible". Which co-incidentally is making me nervous because I cannot afford to be accidentally shunted into the 90 days system.
Anyway, the match up between the invoice amount and the
taxes listed on this page: https://pagos.dnm.gov.ar/tramite_online/templates/tasas.htm convinces me that's the purpose of the invoice. And tomorrow I'll have the last doc, certificado de domicilio legalized, in order to progress in the Radex page. Will look for further information once inside Radex about the $300 pesos payment.
**this seems to be part of the Radex application process and Certificado de Domicilio - a good online system, but in some of it's parts you don't fully get all the details you need which then has you delayed, running around, wasting time and shaking your head.

I must be missing something. Every time I've gotten a certificado de domicilio, I just went to my local police station ("comisaria") with my passport, and gave them my address. They visited my apartment a few days later and gave me the certificado. The last 2 times I went (in 2018 and 2019), it was even easier. They let me show them bank statements ("extractos") showing my address, and they gave me the certificado on the spot, without even a visit. Here's my previous post about it: https://baexpats.org/threads/dni-question.11565/page-2#post-366203
Like you, when living here 10 years ago this was the way it's done, at the comisaria. I saw someone's advice saying that going to the comisaria was no longer done. Apparently it can still be done that way per your posts. By co-incidencet I stumbled upon the new way, online. Looked easier than going to the comiseria and the apt visit and at the time I didn't have supporting residence docs. So I went with the online request for an appointment. Would of been simple enough if they'd also indicated in advance that you need your passport translated and legalized. They don't. They also don't tell you that after you get your passport translated/legalized and they give you the certificado de domicilio that you have to take that document to Lavalle 1220 (open from 07:30 to 13:30) and have it legalized! Another hidden, time consuming step if you don't receive the CdD early enough to beat to Lavalle 1220.

You are right, he fall in a trap.

@Bajo_cero2

So is the process still to go to the local police station? My issue is that I don't have any supporting documents that I live there. It is my friends apartment and he looks after the bills.

Or do I need to do this via the new way?

You are right, he fall in a trap.

I had to authenticate it for free by bringing it to Lavalle 1220 where someone stamped it. First she was talking to her co-worker who was looking at a catalog of home products and not paying attention to the line. She had found a blue and white mug she was very excited about. Actually at the mall you check-in on the 3rd floor and then go up to the 4th. It is very efficient actually and a great location. I did not use the Radex system. Yes, this is the way of life for them.

Where did you get your passport officially translated?

A relative of a friend translated it for me.

Incidentally, going to an office such as the one in Recoleta mall may have an advantage over going to a comiseria. There is no need to wait at home for several days. Recently I heard from a friend who waited at home for days and the police never showed up to confirm her address. Although in the end they issued the certificate anyway.

I did not show them any supporting documentation. I just brought two people with me who confirmed the address.

@Bajo_cero2

So is the process still to go to the local police station? My issue is that I don't have any supporting documents that I live there. It is my friends apartment and he looks after the bills.

Or do I need to do this via the new way?

You don’t need all the BS. You declare you live there and police give you the certificate at the address your declared.

Where did you get your passport officially translated?
If you're asking about a translation as part of applying for temporary residency, and your passport has the Spanish words for name, date and place of birth, etc., you won't have to have it translated.

If and when you apply for temporary residency at migraciones (and you are from the USA), you will have to have your FBI report translated by a licensed translator in Buenos Aires. It will be easy to find one near you who makes English to Spanish translations by searching in the colegio de traductores públicos de buenos aires, but you shouldn't request the FBI report until you are "sure" you can qualify for residency.

I did this two weeks ago- and the procedure was- go to the right police station for your address. Show them your passport. Tell them your address. The next day, two policemen came to my building, and gave the signed form to the encargado, who gave it to me. There was no request for me to prove the address- the cops just asked the encargado if I lived there, and when he said yes, they gave him the form, without ever seeing me.

Real life in Argentina is often much simpler than the rules you read online.

Back