Certificate of lack of criminal record

florence

Registered
Can anyone tell me the procedure for getting one? I need to go soon to renew my rentista visa. The government website says that I need the following 5 items. I have the other 4 but don't know what I need to do to get the Certificado de carencia de antecedentes penales/Certificate of lack of criminal record. I am assuming (and hoping) that this is a local document since I gave them the info from the US last year when I got the visa, and this is where I have been for the past year.

1-- Valid passport
2 .- National Identity Document (if any processed).
3 .- Certificate of lack of criminal record.
4 .- Certification of the bank where you receive your income including the amount of money received in the last year and the origin.
5 .-Certificate of domicile or utility bill in the name of the applicant no more than 90 days old. If the bill is in the name of the spouse or parent, must prove the link.

Thanks for any help

Here's the link to the departament of "reincidencia". You make an on-line appointment, and you can either go to the office on Tucuman opposite Tribunales (very crowded and messy) or on Piedras right off Hipólito Yrigoyen (much more organized and less people). It's fairly easy, you choose if you want the certificate back in 8 hrs for $80 pesos, 24 hours for $55 pesos, or 5 días hábiles for $30 pesos. Bring your DNI, and a photocopy of your DNI as well as a print out of the on-line appointment. Good luck.

http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/

Yes you must have it to prove that you have not been naughty during the past year. Since they have fully computerized the operation I found it quite painless last time!
Don't forget to make a photocopy of it ( I always make two -- one for my records and the other in case they ask for it)!

funny, I just picked up this very bit of paper today for my own residency application. In my case, I went out to the Immigraciones building in Retiro... it's kinda behind the Manuel Tiena Leon airport-shuttle bus station. You need to have a photocopy of your passport (try do this in advance, there's a long queue at the centre getting theirs copied)
You then get herded into another office and submit a form, and have your fingerprints scanned.

The processing rates and times are as Davidglen77 stated. Was fairly painless , just come back with the form they give you and you're done.

Do yourself a favor. Only get this at the Piedras location:

Sede Piedras:
(UNICAMENTE CON TURNO PREVIO)
Piedras 115, de 7.30 a 18.00 hs
(Cajas: 7.30 a 18.00 hs)

Reserve su turno telefónicamente al

0800-666-0055
Horario de atención: 08hs a 18hs.

steveinbsas said:
Do yourself a favor. Only get this at the Piedras location:

Sede Piedras:
(UNICAMENTE CON TURNO PREVIO)
Piedras 115, de 7.30 a 18.00 hs
(Cajas: 7.30 a 18.00 hs)

Reserve su turno telefónicamente al

0800-666-0055
Horario de atención: 08hs a 18hs.

And for bonus points, save the phone call and reserve a turno online instead:

http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Turnos/

Piedras 115 is far and away the best place to get it from. Quick and painless.

Back