certificate of uk residence?

walkingtwig

Registered
Contacted DNDM today about a visa and they said one of the things I needed was a certificate of UK residence. I've been googling around trying to find out what this is and where i can get it, but without much luck. Only thing I can find is certificates for those who become residents, however I am scottish by birth. Wondering if anyone here can help me? Also, if it is relevent I was/am living in scotland scotland.

Cheers, Rachel.

walkingtwig said:
Contacted DNDM today about a visa and they said one of the things I needed was a certificate of UK residence. I've been googling around trying to find out what this is and where i can get it, but without much luck. Only thing I can find is certificates for those who become residents, however I am scottish by birth. Wondering if anyone here can help me? Also, if it is relevent I was/am living in scotland scotland.

Cheers, Rachel.

There is a misunderstanding, what they ask is a criminal record but, the word in spanish si alike residence, in fact it is reincidencia.
There are some thread about the advantages of citizenship if you have been here for 2 years. If you are new, search in this forum about rentista visa, or whatever visa you are applying, there is a lot of info. Regards

Generally UK peoples need their birth certificate and criminal record, and both need to be apostilled. Then you need a valid UK passport, and any other docs specific to the type of visa you are applying for.

Good luck!

Gosh the process is such a pile of wank. As someone else said you need your birth certificate and criminal record (Disclosure Scotland is fine as long as it is signed). And of course the passport.

BHNCA said:
why would a UK passport holder need a visa?

UK passport holders are automatically granted the 90 day tourist visa upon entry. The OP is seeking a temporary resident visa which is good for one year.

Cheers for the input! I shall get right onto finding out all about the disclosure scotland paperwork, should be fun...

Rachel

walkingtwig said:
Cheers for the input! I shall get right onto finding out all about the disclosure scotland paperwork, should be fun...

Rachel
good luck Rachel:)

Back