CFK-I wish I knew what she was saying...

Canick

Registered
Is the Herald just using google translator these days?....

President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner said that “many times we are criticized because they say we have a soft hand, because we do not repress, I would rather be accused of being soft that shed Argentine soil with the blood of a fellow countryman.
“We also came to extend rights on the former Born social plan,and added “ in front of the Itati Virgin I want to ask all Argentines that it is necessary, in this complex and difficult where some want to sink their claws from the outside with the connivance of some in the inside, that we must stand united, because national unity is a key asset to keep on growing."
The President left an Argentine flag waved in Malvinas Islands during the 1966 Operativo Cóndor in the Itatí Basilica.

Operativo Condor was the name of an incident where a small group of nationalists students hijacked a domestic flight and forced it to land on one of the islands. On a racetrack if I remember correctly. They enjoyed some flag waving, national anthem singing, etc before being arrested and returned to the continent.
I interviewed one of the members of the group while doing my thesis some 30 years ago.

There have been many Condor Ops but I think they're referring to this particular one.

Is the Herald just using google translator these days?....

Same story this time in English (more or less) rather than Heraldagoogle. From M24 Digital.com - which runs many stories in both Spanish and English http://m24digital.co...th-to-carry-on/

October 18, 2012
“I ask the Virgin to soften the heart and pray for those who still do not understand the need to be supportive. For those that life threw up a destination with education, housing and amenities that include the need to continue in this direction”.
The president also said that every Argentine can speak when and where they want.
And highlighted the achievements of her administration: “we have expanded the rights of minorities, which place them on an equal to the rest of society.”

Dardo Cabo seems to have been a charming individual (not) at least from what is said about him on Wikipedia about his Fascisti/Falangist connections and his organisation Movimiento Nacionalista Tacuara who later morphed into one wing of the Montoneros. Anti-semitic history of violence by this group hardly chimes with the sentiments of Mrs K in the Basilica.

Back