CFK & intolerance

sergio

Registered
El presidente de la Cámara de Diputados, Julián Domínguez, criticó la masiva protesta contra el gobierno nacional que tuvo lugar la noche del jueves, a la cual consideró una "agresión" y una "falta de respeto". LA NACION

Dominguez goes on to question the sanity of the protesters. To anyone who knows even a little about twentieth century totalitarianism these words are all too familiar. If you disagree with us, you are aggressive and insane. What's next? Dissident work camps in Patagonia?

with all my respect, intolerants are the 46 percent who voted somebody else and now, of course, don t see his political believes reflected in the official policy of the goverment.

If they disagree, they should continue voting somebody else.

Regards

i know i all too often disagree with the general political attitude of this site, but i would just start by saying that the party line in all political camps in argentina is very loose - people say many dumb things that their fellow party/coalition members might very much not disagree with.

Aside from that, just wondering, but a very serious question: Does anyone actually foresee dissident prisons or work camps in Argentina? I mean whether its good or bad we're not talking about a liberal democracy here, but...

too clarify, the idea that argentina is not currently a democracy is so categorically incorrect that it is beyond me that anyone could believe such a thing - but on the topic of it being a liberal democracy, sure, there is perhaps a little space for discussion.

Bajo_cero2 said:
with all my respect, intolerants are the 46 percent who voted somebody else and now, of course, don t see his political believes reflected in the official policy of the goverment.

If they disagree, they should continue voting somebody else.

Regards

Did the present government stand for election with a detailed manifesto telling voters that they would effectively prevent Argentine citizens from travelling ?

Does this government have a credible Office of Nation Statistics which is impartial and free from Government interferance so that voters can make an informed decision about the performance of the government ?

solerboy said:
Did the present government stand for election with a detailed manifesto telling voters that they would effectively prevent Argentine citizens from travelling ?

Does this government have a credible Office of Nation Statistics which is impartial and free from Government interference so that voters can make an informed decision about the performance of the government ?

There is not such a thing about a prohibition of traveling. This is not Cuba or North Korea. I think you a a confused.

You can travel and if you pay with credit cards you get the official rate for dollars plus the 15%.

So, the only obstacle for real is that the AFIP is going to have an eye on you if your affidavits and what you spend doesn´t match. It is all about that. The caceroludos believe they have some kind of right to evade taxes without the State disturbing them.

In fact, you are also misinformed. This government has follow the same line since Nestor K was elected and precisely that was what 54% of people voted: deleveraging

1) Nestor K paid the FMI cash
2) They paid the Bonds since then (Boden 2012 last month)
3) They need the dollars to continue paying the external debt.

So, her political project if to pay all the debt. I suggest you read this:
http://www.revistadebate.com.ar/2012/08/10/5762.php
http://www.revistadebate.com.ar/2012/08/10/5763.php

So, she is the President elected by the 54% of the population because of a consistent political project and she rules in order to rise this country and she is doing very well.

If some people of the 44% is upset, sorry about that, that s the way democracies works. The problem is precisely that: the caceroludos dislike democracy because since 1930, every time they dislike the government, they made it fall.

solerboy said:
Does this government have a credible Office of Nation Statistics which is impartial and free from Government interference so that voters can make an informed decision about the performance of the government ?

Regarding the Statics, you are misinformed again. There were bonds attached to the inflation. So, to cheat the staticts was a way to save money and probably the only reason this country was able to rise again instead a way to cheat the population. Sorry, she rules for the Argentinians, not for the FMI like De la Rua did.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
There is not such a thing about a prohibition of traveling. This is not Cuba or North Korea. I think you a a confused.

You can travel and if you pay with credit cards you get the official rate for dollars plus the 15%.

No I am not confused, you are just blinkered.

I have worked for 30 years as a business planning consultant for large organisations including the British Government.

And in that time I learned that if one does not have access to funds one cannot travel very far.

And what of those people who do not have credit cards ?

Bajo_cero2 said:
Regarding the Statics, you are misinformed again. There were bonds attached to the inflation. So, to cheat the staticts was a way to save money and probably the only reason this country was able to rise again instead a way to cheat the population. Sorry, she rules for the Argentinians, not for the FMI like De la Rua did.
Regards

Once again, I will refer you to my previous answer, I am not mis informed. I can calculate how much prices have risen, I am an experienced accountant. And I know that the government statistic are LIES.

In relation to the Bonds. In other words the cheat the statistics was to rob the bondholders of thier due returns.

And you actually beleive this is a credible way for a government to behave.

The government should be showing an example. The example this goverment is showing is the cheat.

Do you have no self respect either as a person or as a country ?

nelaursen said:
Aside from that, just wondering, but a very serious question: Does anyone actually foresee dissident prisons or work camps in Argentina? I mean whether its good or bad we're not talking about a liberal democracy here, but...

Six month ago I would have said no...but now? You never now with this crazy girl... (BTW: you find such camps even in "democratic countries" and some are even famous for their existence).

Thereandbackagain said:
Six month ago I would have said no...but now? You never now with this crazy girl... (BTW: you find such camps even in "democratic countries" and some are even famous for their existence).

They will be for the benefit of the residents to help them re align with society and become better citizens for the benefit of all.

In fact the goverment will be doing the residents of these camps a favour and they will have to pay for their board and lodging whilst they are there.:rolleyes:

*Although they will be able to write off this payment against future tax

Back