CFK Sacks Navy Chief for Libertad Detention

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
It's a brave new world. The Head of the Navy along with two top officials has been sacked over the Libertad.

Reuters story here.

Have a nice day.

GS

It's a brave new world. The Head of the Navy along with two top officials has been sacked over the Libertad.

Reuters story here.

Have a nice day.

GS

Actually they were sacked for speaking up and blaming the executive branch for the incident. They didn't actually get sacked until they opened their mouths and say that it was the Foreign Ministry that designated the routes the ship was going to take and not the Navy. This is all true by the way. Another case of the ineptitude of CFK's government.

This is what happens when you run a siege economy then go off looking for new friends in new places trying to impress them with your "frigata" and dont do your homework about the port of arrival!

How is the Navy supposed to know the local judges keep pet vultures?

Isnt that the Airforce's responsibility anyway?

I read with interest that they tried to do a moonlight exit a few days ago but at the last minute thought better. Apparently some of the cadets sent off SMS messages prematurely.

Tema looks like a clear entry and can take large vessels

http://www.ghanaports.gov.gh/GPHA/tema/index.html

But obviously navigational hazards as with any port. A Chinese vessel had considerable problems straying out of the main channel earlier this year supposedly because not everything is fully charted..

http://ghanaian-chronicle.com/mystery-rock-traps-another-vessel-%E2%80%A6-at-tema-fishing-habour-pick-pic-as-vessel-in-andrews-folder/

Full marks to the Master of the Libertad for having better judgement and not doing a runner in these circumstances.

I refer the honourable gentlemen/ladies to a comment I made in previous thread.

I refer the honourable gentlemen/ladies to a comment I made in previous thread.

you mean this one GB?

I see that the Navy Chief, Paz has resigned now....correction, he was told to resign.
So we now have three military/security chiefs' heads rolling. (Prefectura, Gendarmeria and navy)
Nice work CFK!
Is this govt capable of accepting the blame for any of their incompetence?

Mrs K is just building up further heaps of trouble and resentment for the future. And don't they know it! Look how twitchy they got when the Prefecture went onto the streets. They must be so hoping that nothing pops up in the next few weeks to alienate the Army. Things are going rapidly from bad to worst in a totally unpredictable and uncontrollable way. Left only with D'Elia and the barra bravas as enforcers?

It's like watching a re-run of I Claudius in slow motion

P.S As we have two live threads running on much the exact same subject can they be merged?

:wacko:

Whichever thread picks up most momentum, I suppose.
'Et tu, Brute?'

Back